Array
(
[0] => Array
(
[name] => {:en}Adinath Temple{:}{:bn}আদিনাথ মন্দির{:}
[post_id] => 1155
[post_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/bn/places/adinath-templecoxs/
[thumb_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Adinath-temple-source-geo-location-1024x680-1.jpg
[post_content] => {:en}
The place is famous for the annual fair held in the month of Phalgun according to the Bengali Calendar. The fair takes place at the foot of the Mainak Hill and lasts for 13 days. Thousands of Hindus participate here from all over Bangladesh.
Adinath Temple is located on the summit of the Mainak Hill on Maheshkhali Island off the coast of Cox's Bazar, Bangladesh, is dedicated to the Hindu God, Shiva, who is worshiped as Adinath.
The Adinath temple clearly shows in its construction the association of the Natha community. The temple is 6 m high and measures 10.5 m × 9.75 m; the inner walls are 1.05 m thick, while outer walls are 0.60 m thick. There are three parts; the northern part, which is older, contains two square rooms (3.35 m each side) for worship – the eastern one has the image of Adinatha Banalinga Shiva and the western one has the image of eight-armed Durga (Idol).
There is no authentic proof to connect Gorakhghata or the temple with Goraksanatha, the guru of the Natha community. It may be that one of the disciples of Goraksanatha may have named the ghat at Maheshkhali after the guru. Natha philosophy evolved out of the long association of the Saivites with the Buddhists and in the 10th-11th centuries emerged Tantric Shastras. Adinatha (variants Matsyendranatha or Minanatha) emerged through this process of evolution. Nathism represents the folk religion of Bengal based on mantra-tantra and asceticism.
The entrance is bow-shaped, while the entrances on the northern and southern sides have been closed with brickwork. There are two windows, one on the east and the other on the west side. The two rooms are covered with domes on pendentives. The finials on top are decorated with lotus, kalasa and chakra. The tops of the octagonal pillars have kalasa and twined scrolls. The top of the arch on the western side has floral and the eastern one has trixul decoration. There are two niches on the southern wall. The second and third parts of the temple are recent additions.
Author: Muhammad Abdul Baten
{:}{:bn}
আদিনাথ মন্দির কক্সবাজার জেলার মহেশখালী উপজেলায় অবস্থিত। আদিনাথ মন্দিরটি কক্সবাজার জেলার মহেশখালী দ্বীপের মাইনাক পাহাড়ের উপরে অবস্থিত। এই মন্দিরে হিন্দু দেবতা শিবকে আদিনাথ হিসেবে পূজা করা হয়।
প্রতিবছর বাংলা ফাল্গুন মাসে এখানে মাইনাক পাহাড়ের পাদদেশে ১৩ দিনব্যাপি মেলা অনুষ্ঠিত হয়। বাংলাদেশের বিভিন্ন স্থান থেকে আগত হিন্দু পুন্যারথীরা মেলায় অংশ নিয়ে থাকেন।
{:}
)
[1] => Array
(
[name] => Joy Kali Temple
[post_id] => 10073
[post_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/bn/places/joy-kali-temple/
[thumb_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/P_20150610_1817041-169x300.jpg
[post_content] =>
The Joy kali Temple of Dhaka, is situated in a place between Thathari (ঠাটারি) Bazar and Wari. The road was named after this temple itself. Now, literally it is 24 Joy Kali Temple street. Joy Kali Temple is a Hindu temple devoted to Goddess Kali Ma for worshipping. People of Hindu religion of every age come to this temple to worship Goddess Kali. The statue of Goddess Kali is of great significance to the Hindus. The visitors and committee members of this temple gather money for occasions, where sweets are later distributed among them which is called 'Prasad'.
History:
This temple is about 400 years old, established in the Bengali year 1001. During the reign of the Nawabs, Dewan of Nawabs Tulsi Narayan Ghosh and Nabh Narayan Ghosh established this temple with the inspection of Bancharam Saint. At that time they established twenty-one statues of Shiva, Kali, Lakshmi narayan, three Shalgram Chakra, Bandurga etc. A few beautiful monuments like Pancharatna, Nabratna, temple of Shiva, guest house, were built in the house of Joy Kali. Even market named Nawabpur Joy Kali bazar, and a market situated at the south of Kaliganj hut was dedicated to Joy Kali Devi.
Present condition:
The first caretaker of this Joy Kali Devi was Bancharam Saint, the third caretaker was Panachenand, who suffered a decline, so the responsibility to serve the Devi got into the hands of Bhraman Tanyar. Later the landlords of that time seized some of the land of this temple. Starting from that time the temple started to erode, due to lack of maintenance and shortage of money. This temple was damaged during the strike of 1990’s. The temple was renovated later on by Goddess Kali’s followers. Now the temple is much smaller than it was when it was first established. The temple was burgled and valuables looted by thieves in 2010.
Architectural significance:
Inside the boundary of this temple there is basically two temples. One of the temples is of Kali Devi, the other one, which has a dome, is of Shiv. The dome was made out of plaster and is visible from outside. Locals of that area refer to this dome as the Joy Kali Temple. The front of the temple complex is a busy stop for human haulers that go into old Dhaka. The temple has tiles on the walls all around, and the floor is made out of mosaic. There are pictures of Hindu Gods and Goddesses printed on the tiled walls of the temple. The entrance to the temple is welcomed by a logo made of stainless steel saying 'Om'- which is a Hindu divine symbol. In front of the Kali Devi statue is a bell hanging from above, it is a ritual to ring the bell after entering the temple and before leaving.
)
[2] => Array
(
[name] => House of Labu Babu and Adjacent Kali Temple
[post_id] => 9609
[post_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/bn/places/house-of-labu-babu-and-adjacent-kali-temple/
[thumb_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/babu-bari-mondir-2-300x225.jpg
[post_content] =>
Explorers team of Offroad Bangladesh travelled here for the quest of old traditional zamindar house and observed that there was no any existence of such kind of house.Instead the existence of house (House of Labu Babu), There was just only a Temple of Kali being found so far. Where devotees used to worship only on Sunday evening. This place is known as Babu Bari.
It is assumed that there was a 300 years old house located here at Bejgaon Village, Louhojong, Munshiganj. It was built by a renowned Merchant named Labu Babu. This old house was abandoned and totally demolished now.
[We need more detail information of this spot. If you have more information, then please be advised to add and share in our website. Your name will be published as a Content Contributor]
)
[3] => Array
(
[name] => Ramakrishna Mission and Moth
[post_id] => 10095
[post_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/bn/places/ramkrishno-mission-and-moth/
[thumb_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/RK-Mission-11-300x169.jpg
[post_content] =>
Ramakrishna Mission and moth is a historically significant architectural monument situated at Gopibag in Motijheel, Dhaka. The temple Ramakrishna Mission is an architecture which was founded by Swami Vivekananda in 13 February 1916 and the Ramakrishna Moth was founded by Swami Brakkhanananda.In 1916 Swami Brahmananda and Swami Premananda paid their kind visit to Dhaka. On the 13 Feb. 1916, after the proper rituals Puja and Homa, Swami Brahamananda and Swami Permananda laid foundation of Ramakrishna Math and Ramakrishna Mission respectively.
On the same day as above Swami Premananda Laid the foundation stone of an indoor hospital with twenty beds as its service activities. In this year i.e. 1916 the Mission work was transferred to its permanent place from the rented house. After 8 months,first Governor of the East Bengal, Lord Carmichael inaugurated the opening ceremony of this medical service centre. In March of this year Dhaka Ramakrishna Mission received the affiliation of the Headquarters at Belur. The Ramakrishna Mission Authority of Belur appointed the local executive committee to manage the work. After 85 years crossing the temple had reached its dilapidated condition. The main construction work began in 2000.
24 February 2005 is a memorable day for Dhaka centre, as well as for the devotees, admirers and well-wishers, for, the newly built temple at Ramakrishna Moth, Dhaka, after 5 years work, consecrated in a glorious ceremony performed by Srimat Swami Gahananandaji Maharaj, then Senior Vice-President of the Ramakrishna Order in presence of so many senior monks and brahmacharins and a large number of devotees from home and abroad. 24 February 2005 is a memorable day for Dhaka centre, as well as for the devotees, admirers and well-wishers, for, the newly built temple at Ramakrishna Math, Dhaka, after 5 years work, consecrated in a glorious ceremony performed by Srimat Swami Gahananandaji Maharaj, then Senior Vice-President of the Ramakrishna Order in presence of so many senior monks and brahmacharins and a large number of devotees from home and abroad.
Architectural significance: The temple has a capacity of sitting for about 600 persons, while the height of the temple, say, 80 ft from the ground level, with a completely new and pleasing out looking both inside and outside differ from any other temple of Ramakrishna Order. It has 5 entrances. The shrine room with hexagonal view has been made in such a way that devotees can see the shrine from every side of the temple except back. The main dome is surrounding by 6 small domes with the symbols of 6 religions in their pinnacles, presenting the universality of Ramakrishna Order on the basis of Sri Ramakrishna's realization “as many faiths so many paths." The basement with an area of 5500 sft will be utilized for the purpose of a museum, casual exhibition, discourses and seminars on religions and cultures of different faiths and on topics of learning.
)
)