Array
(
[0] => Array
(
[name] => {:en}Atiya Jame Masjid{:}{:bn}আতিয়া জামে মসজিদ{:}
[post_id] => 4502
[post_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/bn/places/atia-jame-masjid/
[thumb_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Tangail_mosque-Atiya-by-maremagna1-300x225.jpg
[post_content] => {:en}
The photo of this iconic mosque used to be printed on the Ten Taka note of Bangladesh. Nowadays these notes are very rare and are available only at the banks or on in the collection of few people now a days. Atiya is a historical four century year old mosque located at the Delduar Thana of Tangail district. It was named by the village Atiya and the mosque is also known as Atiya Jame Masjid.
Atiya Jame Mashjid is approximately 6 kilometers from the Tangail town. A small river called Louhojong Nodi flows near the mosque which gives it a more aesthetic appeal. The mosque is around 18m by 12m, it has four spherical domes at the top, one is the larger, which is located at the west part of the mosque. Other three are smaller sized and located at the east side of the mosque. All three domes are in a single row. Seems like the bigger one is for the Imam, and other three are for Musalli (regular people). All the domes are decorated at the bottom part and having a small minaret like object at the top. The mosque has four pillars at the four corners and each of the pillars are stylish and decorated nicely.
The mosque has lovely terracotta at the outer side of east and the north side wall. Those are very simple with just few small flowers inside the circles. The mosque has three entrance at the east side, and two entrance at the north and south side each.
This mosque was built during 1610 by Muslim Jomidar Sayeed Khan Panni, son of Baizid Khan Panni. He also dug a large water tank at the western side of the mosque. Local says that the mosque was built for the honor of a saint Shah Baba Kashmiri.
The mosque was damaged during the massive earthquake of 1800. A reconstruction of the mosque was made in 1837. Also, during 1909 another reconstruction made by two Jamindar from Korotia and Delduar of Tangail jointly. Wazed Ali Khan Panni was from Korotia, and Abu Ahmed Guznavi Khan from Delduar.
{:}{:bn}
পুরাতন দশ টাকার নোটের ডানদিকে এই মসজিদটির ছবি রয়েছে। তবে আজকাল দশ টাকার পুরাতন নোটটি ব্যাঙ্কে পাওয়া যায় এবং মাঝে মাঝে মানুষের হাতে দেখা যায়। প্রায় চারশত বছর পুরাতন ঐতিহাসিক আতিয়া মসজিদ টাঙ্গাইল জেলার দেলদুয়ার থানায় অবস্থিত। আতিয়া গ্রামের সাথে মিল রেখে মসজিদের নামকরণ করা হয়েছে।
টাঙ্গাইল শহর থেকে প্রায় ৬ কিলোমিটার দূরে লৌহজং নামে একটি ছোট নদী মসজিদের কাছ দিয়ে বয়ে গিয়েছে। মসজিদটির দৈর্ঘ্য ১৮ মিটার এবং প্রস্থ ১২ মিটার। আতিয়া মসজিদে চারটি গো্লাকারের গম্বুজ রয়েছে যেগুলোর মধ্যে বড় গম্বুজটি মসজিদের পশ্চিম অংশে অবস্থিত। বাকি তিনটি গম্বুজ আকারে ছোট এবং মসজিদের পূর্বদিকে একই সারিতে অবস্থিত। গম্বুজগুলো দেখে মনে হয় যেনো বড় গম্বুজটি হল ইমাম এবং বাকি গম্বুজগুলো হল মুসল্লি। গম্বুজগুলোর নীচের অংশে নকশার কাজ রয়েছে এবং উপরে ছোট মিনারের মত বস্তু রয়েছে। মসজিদের চারকোণায় চারটি চমৎকার নকশা করা পিলার রয়েছে।
আতিয়া মসজিদের পূর্ব এবং উত্তর দিকের বাইরের দেয়ালে টেরাকোটার উপর চমৎকার বৃত্তের মাঝে ছোট ফুলের নকশার কাজ রয়েছে। মসজিদের পূর্বদিকে তিনটি, উত্তর ও দক্ষিন দিকে দুটি করে প্রবেশপথ রয়েছে।
১৬১০ সালে বাইজিদ খান পন্নীর পুত্র মুসলিম জমিদার সাইদ খান পন্নী এই মসজিদটি নির্মাণ করেছিলেন। তিনি মসজিদের পশ্চিমদিকে একটি বড় পানির ট্যাংক খনন করেছিলেন। স্থানীয়রা বলে থাকেন সাধক শাহ বাবা কাশ্মীরির সম্মানে এই আতিয়া মসজিদটি নির্মাণ করা হয়।
১৮০০ সালের প্রচণ্ড ভুমিকম্পে আতিয়া মসজিদ ক্ষতিগ্রস্ত হয় এবং ১৮৩৭ সালে মসজিদটি পুনঃ নির্মাণ করা হয়। এছাড়া ১৯০৯ সালে টাঙ্গাইলের করটিয়ার জমিদার ওয়াজেদ আলী খান পন্নী ও দেলদুয়ারের জমিদার আবু আহমেদ গজনবী খান যৌথভাবে মসজিদটি পুনঃ নির্মাণ করেন।
{:}
)
[1] => Array
(
[name] => Dhuni Chawk Mosque
[post_id] => 6526
[post_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/bn/places/dhuni-chawk-mosque/
[thumb_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/dhonaichak-mosque-moshjid-bangladesh-11-300x188.jpg
[post_content] =>
This is known as Dhuni Chawk Mosque (ধুনি চক মসজিদ) and located at Shibganj (শিবগঞ্জ) of Chapai Nawabganj (চাপাই নবাবগঞ্জ) district of Bangladesh. Near the area of Sona Mosque (সোনা মসজিদ), there are few more archaic edifices available, this mosque is one of those.
This is a six domed mosque. It was completely dilapidated and only few walls were available. But the government totally renovated this mosque recently. There is no road available to reach near to the mosque. You have to walk through the mango garden and beside the fields. You have to rely on your GPS (24°49'54.71"N, 88° 9'1.17"E) device, or the local villagers to be you on the correct route.
No inscription was found near the mosque to know its age. The people who lived near the mosque at past were cotton carder in occupation. In Bengali, the cotton carder means Dhuni (ধুনি). Using this word, later the mosque was named as Dhuni Chawk Mosque (ধুনি চক মসজিদ).
)
[2] => Array
(
[name] => Mohammad Ali Chowdhury Mosque
[post_id] => 5646
[post_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/bn/places/mohammad-ali-chowdhury-mosque/
[thumb_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Mohammed-Ali-Chowdhury-Mosque-Feni-Bangladesh-300x188.jpg
[post_content] =>
Mohammad Ali Chowdhury Mosque is located at Sharshodi, Feni Sadar Upazila. The Naib Nazim of Dhaka appointed Muhammad Ali Chowdhury as the Fouzdar of Feni in 1762. Muhammad Ali Chowdhury revolted against the British; as a result he lost his Zamindari in 1790.
)
[3] => Array
(
[name] => {:en}Nawabbari Mosque of Dhonbari{:}{:bn}ধনবাড়ির নবাববাড়ি মসজিদ{:}
[post_id] => 5273
[post_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/bn/places/nawabbari-mosque-of-dhonbari/
[thumb_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Dhanbari-mosque-Kabir-Uddin1-300x225.jpg
[post_content] => {:en}
Nawabbari Mosque of Dhonbari is built at the outside of the Nawab Manzil premise, so that local people can access it during their prayer time. Initially, Nawabbari Mosque of Dhonbari was an old fashioned three domes mosque similar to the other ancient mosques from Bangladesh. But later this mosque was extended to accommodate more people. Extended part is having 10/12 minarets at top which are similar to Persian design. This extension with the old fashioned mosque made it a hybrid looking mosque. Not enough antiquities are left now a days.
But still, you'll love to see this mosque. It’s neat and clean everywhere. Apart from the mosque, there are few micro edifices are available around the mosque. I am not sure what those are.
There are few old graves available at the graveyard which is at the western side of the mosque. Since 1929, after the death of Nawab Ali Choudhury (নবাব আলী চৌধুরী) the Holy Qur'an has been recited continually beside his grave.
{:}{:bn}
জনসাধারণ যেন নামাজ পড়তে পারেন সেজন্য এই মসজিদটি নবাব মঞ্জিলের সীমানার বাইরে নির্মাণ করা হয়েছিল। বাংলাদেশের অন্যান্য প্রাচীন মসজিদের মত এটিও একটি তিনগম্বুজ বিশিষ্ট মসজিদ ছিল। পরবর্তীতে ধারনক্ষমতা বাড়ানোর জন্য মসজিদটিকে বর্ধিত করা হয়। মসজিদটির বর্ধিত অংশে পারস্য নকশার সাথে মিল রেখে ১০ টি থেকে ১২ টি মিনার নির্মাণ করা হয়। বর্ধিতকরনের কারনে মসজিদটির প্রাচীন বৈশিষ্ট্য অনেকাংশেই লোপ পেয়েছে।
তবে এখনও পরিষ্কার পরিছন্ন মসজিদটি দেখে আপনার ভাল লাগবে। মসজিদের আশেপাশে কিছু ক্ষুদ্রাকৃতির স্তম্ভ রয়েছে যদিও এসব কি এবং কেন এখানে রয়েছে তা জানা যায়নি। মসজিদের পশ্চিমে অবস্থিত কবরস্থানে কিছু প্রাচীন কবর রয়েছে। ১৯২৯ সালে নবাব আলী চৌধুরীর মৃত্যুর পর তাঁর কবরের পাশে সবসময় পবিত্র কোরআন শরীফ পড়া হয়ে আসছে।
{:}
)
)