=> Array
[name] => Mymensingh Museum
[post_id] => 22188
[post_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/places/mymensingh-museum/
[thumb_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/P_20151013_160427_1_p-169x300.jpg
Mymensingh Museum (ময়মনসিংহ জাদুঘর), formerly known as Momenshahi Museum (মোমেনশাহী জাদুঘর) is located at the bagan bari (garden house) of Zamindar Madan Babu at 17 Amrita (অমৃত) Babu Road, Mymensingh, Bangladesh. The museum, which began as an important regional institution for preservation of locally collected historical evidence, lacks proper preservation. Its objective is to preserve the rare and unique relics of local architecture, sculpture, metal works,utensils, handwritten scripts on paper and leaf, and commercial products. Collected from the palaces of Mymensingh District Zamindars, the museum's initial collection included 214 articles. They are housed in three rooms within the museum.
The museum was established in 1969 at the initiative of the-then Deputy Commissioner of Mymensingh. Initially run by the Mymensingh Municipality. The Department of Archaeology, Cultural Affairs Ministry took charge of the museum in 1989. By 1995, it was enlisted in the gazette.
The collection includes manuscripts and coins, though many are not on display due to insufficient showcase space. A peacock mummy comes from Mymensingh Medical College. Bamboo and cane items, preserved birds, photographs and pottery were damaged during a renovation in 1999–2001.
Several articles were collected from Zamindar palaces. The Muktagacha zamindar palace contribution includes a stone flower vase, a compass, antique clocks, Bakharee (an ornament), pottery, weaving machines, ornamental flower tub stands, candle stands, iron shelves and sports items. Statuary and sculptures include those of Saraswati, Vishnu, and a dragon.
Natural history items include a tiger head, two deer heads, and the head of a wild bull. Elephant heads, a sofa set, Italian statues, and a huge shade used during hunting come from the Gouripur(গৌরীপুর) zamindar palace. A rhinoceros hide and a table with a marble stone top were acquired from the Atharabari (আঠারোবাড়ি) zamindar palace .The museum contains many paintings of rural Bengal.
 => Array
[name] => Sonargaon Folk Art and Craft Museum
[post_id] => 11157
[post_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/places/sonargaon-folk-art-and-craft-museum/
[thumb_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/SAM_00541-300x240.jpg
There is a folk art and craft museum for the visitors & tourist travelling in Sonargaon. Sonargaon Folk Art and Craft Museum remains open from morning to afternoon (9 AM to 5 PM). Wednesday and the Thursday, this museum is closed for weekend. This is prosperous with several unique collection those you'll never find at any other place. Some are lost from our country, and only those are remains. The main museum building is placed at the "Sardar Bari". "Sardar Bari" was built by a Hindu Zamindar of Sonargaon in 1901. Alike the other Zamindar house of that period, this one also looks like Indian houses, but the shape of the house was looked like the European Palaces. The baroque decoration and the elaborated painting on the plaster of the building are really eye catching.
Lok Shilpa Jadughar (Folk Art and Craft Museum) of Sonargaon was established by Bangladeshi painter Joynul Abedin on March 12, 1975.
It will cost you 10 taka to enter the museum area. Its a vast area, and will take you lots of time to round the area. You'll find a art gallery of "Zainul Abedin" inside the museum area. There are two Exhibition Galleries inside the museum. Both of them consist of some status showing the local life of Bangladeshi people, for example farming, woman working etc. Also you'll find the miniature version of the several boats from my country, which are now a days vanished after competing with the mechanical vehicles.
 => Array
[name] => Gandhi Ashram Trust
[post_id] => 10840
[post_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/places/gandhi-ashrom-trust/
[thumb_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/124-300x225.jpg
Mahatma Karamchand Gandhi, the father of India, was the pioneer of the liberation movement of India from the British Empire. He visited Noakhali in 1946 and the place he lived is now turned into a memorial complex situated 25 kilometers away from the Noakhali District.
The very brief history of India: In 1946, just before the liberation of Pakistan from India, there were some social anarchy began in the undivided India. At that time, he decided to visit different places where the massacre started. According to his plan, he visited Noakhali and gave a peace speech. Gandhi was interested to set up a technical training institute at "Joyag" area for the rural uneducated people because he believed that only education can change the mind of a man and keep themselves away from being involved in crimes like killing/looting etc. At that time, a local lawyer, named Hemanta Kumar invited him to stay at his home. Hemanta was believed as the first barrister in this region on that time. He donated his land and building to Gandhiji and Gandhiji was pleased to him too. Gandhi used to drink only goat milk and he always carried a goat with his team. One night, the goat of Gandhi was stolen from the complex. After that he returned to Bihar (India) but willing to come again to continue the activities of the vocational training center. After that, Pakistan got independence from India. In 1948, Mahatma Gandhi was assassinated by fire and never managed to came back to Noakhali before his death. That was his only visit. In 1971, the east part of Pakistan declared themselves independent and named Bangladesh. Noakhali belongs to Bangladesh now. The Institute is now running autonomously in collaboration with the Bangladesh government.
Current Condition of Gandhi Ashram Trust: After his death, the Pakistani government tried to destroy his memories and work. The Pakistanis always hated Gandhi and all the Hindu people. During the period of 1947-1971, Pakistani people and their supporters forced Hindus to settle in India and destroyed their properties. After 1971, the Independent country Bangladesh began to preserve his history. The Vocational instituted was then named "Gandhi Ashram Trust" and started to serve local rural people. But now after 2000, the training activities started to decline. People are much more interested to move towards to a city now. Now the building is converted into a museum where lots of photos of Gandhi's earlier life is found.
The Ashram Trust is located in Joyag, Sonaimuri, Noakhali district. It is actually situated at Noakhali - Ramganj (Laksmipur) highway. There are some other branches of Gandhi Ashram are established to achieve the mission of Mahatma Gandhi in many different districts of Bangladesh. But actually the historical place where Gandhi resided in Bangladesh is in Noakhali.
 => Array
[name] => Bagerhat Museum
[post_id] => 18666
[post_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/places/bagerhat-museum/
[thumb_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/P_20150907_161017_1_p.jpg
In 2001, after receiving a fund from the UNESCO, a museum has built by the government at Bagerhat in the UNESCO world heritage site "Shat Gombuj Mosque" complex. It is now being used as a learning center to let people aware about the ancient city named Khalifatabad established by Khan Jahan Ali which is known as Bagerhat today.
It is a one storied building. It has two large galleries to display antiques. Antiques found in Bagerhat are categorized into two parts. One of them are the earthen materials and another is wooden and slate (rock/stone). There is a photo gallery too to display the rare photos of artifacts and ruined architectural structures.
The building is built later but the designers made it with a beauty of ancient structure visibly similar with the mosque because of the dome so that the museum does not look odd in the complex. During the summer time, it is opened from 9 am to 6 pm for the visitors. The entry fee for the complex is 20 taka for Bangladeshi citizens and it is also the ticket of the museum, there is no separate ticket is needed.
The latest collection of this museum is the skin of the alligator (named Kalapahar) of Khan Jahan Ali. After its death, the skin is preserved and being displayed at the museum.