Chad Gazi Bhuya Mosque, also known as Chad Kha Mosque, is an archaic mosque from the Feni district that was built during 1112 Hijri (Arabic Calendar). According to the inscription at the front door, the mosque was built by someone named Chad Gazi Bhuya. It’s a traditional three domed mosque, domes are in a single row. Center one is larger compared to the others. All the three domes are having a Lotus at the top and two Kolosh (native water pot). This looks delicately beautiful and adds an extraordinary beauty to the mosque.
Apart from the domes, the mosque has 12 minarets over the walls in a symmetric way. Four minarets at the four corners are having similar style and other 8 minarets amid the walls are also having similar style. Eastern side of the wall is having simple terracotta along with the terracotta above the front door.
It is located in ChagolnaiyaUpazila of Feni district. Follow the direction below to visit this historical mosque:
Dhaka and Feni are linked by road. You can take a bus from Dhaka to get to Feni. Some of the bus services have been listed below for your assistance:
1. Star Line Paribahan
Contact: 01973-259653, 01973- 259 621, 01973- 259 724
2. S Alam Paribahan
Accommodation facilities in the district are of moderate quality and have plenty of room for improvement. Some places you may consider staying in Feni are listed below for your assistance.
1. Idrisiya Hotel
Address: Idrisiya hotel, Station road, Feni
2. Feni Circuit house
Address: Bijoy Singh Dighi par, Mohipal, Feni
3. Zilla Parishal Dak Bungalow
Address: Zilla Parishad Dak Bungalow, Feni
Contact: 0331 73184
Atkandi Nilkuthi Mosque (আটকান্দি নীলকুঠি মসজিদ ) is situated in the Atkandi village of Raypura upazila, Narsingdi. It was built by a man named ‘Alim Uddin’. Alim Uddin built this Mosque just beside the grave yard of his wife ‘Sadetunnesa’. To build this Mughal stylistic Mosque he brought some masons from far land Mohishur, India. Some even compare it with Tajmahal, given its architectural style and the emotions behind it.
Alim Uddin completed his education on Islamic religion from Deobond and later worked as Teacher in a madrasa, conducted by Khawaza Family in Dhaka. Later in 18th century, he built this Mosque, however the exact date of founding this Mosque could not be determined.Architectural property and Layout :
It is a rectangular shaped Mosque. Which can be divided into three specific spatial context. We can exemplify it as below- 1. Inner zone 2. Exterior Corridor zone 3. Exterior Porch zone (under open sky)
Inner Zone of this Mosque contains three domes, and a Mihrab. Among these, three bulbous domes, among which the middle one is the biggest. The inner zone contains two entrances.
Exterior corridor zone of this mosque is elongated in north-south forming a rectangular shape. It contains five bulbous domes, which is smaller than other three. This zone also contains five entrances which are arch shaped and decorated with multi foiled design. In parapet it’s decorated with the Merlon design. In the base line of outer wall it’s decorated with a pitcher design.
Exterior porch zone of this mosque was built considering the large gathering which take place. It’s a square shaped plastered floor, with one feet high bordered wall all around the porch. It contains a main gateway to enter into the Mosque.
Public gathering in different occasion:
In different kind of public occasions, like in the eve of Eid-festivals and in common vacations people from different parts of the country come here to visit this place. On the southern part of this Mosque there is an old Ghat (in the edge of a river) which has stepped down to the branch of Meghna river. So far we know, it was built by G.P. Wize when this region was a place to plant indigo in a massive scale.
Present Condition and ruins of several unrevealed structure:
Present condition of this Mosque is not so consistent in a sense of building strength. It is in very sensitive condition, where it is randomly being used without any treatment of conservation & preservation. That’s why we can observe some deterioration in the brick building both in Exterior & interior part.
In the northern part of the Mosque there are some ruins of buried structure. Some outer portion of that buried structure is seem like spherical shape. Which demands more exploration and systematic archaeological excavation to reveal the history behind this region.)  => Array ( [name] => Keramatiya Mosque [post_id] => 1917 [post_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/places/keramatiya-mosque/ [thumb_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Keramatiya-Mosque-300x200-300x200.jpg [post_content] =>
Muslim saint HajrotMaulanaKeramot Ali Jaunapuri (Rh) was the 35 generation of Hajrot Abu Bakkar (Ra) 1st Khalifah (ruler) of Islam. MaulanaJaunapuri (Rh) born in 1225 Hijri at Mulatol colony in Jaunapuri of MadhoProdesh, India. At his mature age they came to Rangpur for spread Islam. For his wisdom, persona and simple life planning lots of people took Islam as their religion. After his death in 30 may in 1873 beside his tomb the karamotia Mosque was built. Rectangular sized this domes mosque Constructed according to the Mughal architecture and local beautiful craft. Its internal size is 42'-0"*13'-0". The Width of the east-west wall of the Mosque is 3'-3" north-south wall is 2'-10". The high of the masjid is 18'-0" from the ground. The domes was built over octagonal drum size platform. In the lower part of the domes there is Marlon designs.)  => Array ( [name] => Choto Sona Mosque [post_id] => 3596 [post_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/places/sona-mosque/ [thumb_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Choto-Sona-Mosque-1-300x225.jpg [post_content] =>
During the regime of Sultan Hussain Shah, Choto Sona Mosque was built from 1493-1519. The 50 domes of the mosque were adorned with precious elements; so it was named as Choto Sona Mosque. It is perpetuated by the Department of Archeology and Museums, Government of Bangladesh. The adorned precious elements which were responsible for giving this name, are nonexistent now. The premise of the mosque is on an overall area of 42 m from east to west and 43.5 m from north to south. The mosque is located 3.5 km from Kotwali gate, 0.5 km to south of Mughal Tankhana complex in the quarter of Firozpur. The photo of this mosque is printed in our 20 taka note.)  => Array ( [name] => Bandar Shahi Mosque [post_id] => 10830 [post_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/places/bandar-shahi-mosque/ [thumb_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Bondor-Shahi-Mosque-Narayanganj-021-225x300.jpg [post_content] =>
Bandar Shahi Mosque (বন্দর শাহী মসজিদ ) is situated in the Bandar Municipal area. It was built in 1482 AD (886 AH) by Malik Al-Muazzam Baba Saleh, a high official under Sultan Jalaluddin Fateh Shah.
It is a square building measuring 6.20 meter a side in the interior and 9.70 meter in the exterior. It has four octagonal corner towers and a large hemispherical dome supported by two engaged black stone pillars embedded in each wall with square bases, capitals and octagonal shafts. The square inches which hold up the dome spring from the top of these pillars. The dome has a lotus and pitcher finial. The raising of the dome on a drum crowned with merlons seems to be part of Mughal renovations. There are three entrances in the east of which the central one is wider, measuring 2.20 meter high and 1.37 meter wide. The two other entrances each on the south and north sides are 2 meter high and 1 meter wide. The side entrances are of the same size as the front central one. Of the three semi-circular mihrabs, the central one is the largest and the northern mihrab is being used as a closet.The mosque has been renovated and enlarged by verandas on the east, south and north sides. It is presently being used as a jami mosque. ) )
Questions, issues or concerns? I'd love to help you!