=> Array
[name] => Gandhi Ashram Trust
[post_id] => 10840
[post_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/places/gandhi-ashrom-trust/
[thumb_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/124-300x225.jpg
Mahatma Karamchand Gandhi, the father of India, was the pioneer of the liberation movement of India from the British Empire. He visited Noakhali in 1946 and the place he lived is now turned into a memorial complex situated 25 kilometers away from the Noakhali District.
The very brief history of India: In 1946, just before the liberation of Pakistan from India, there were some social anarchy began in the undivided India. At that time, he decided to visit different places where the massacre started. According to his plan, he visited Noakhali and gave a peace speech. Gandhi was interested to set up a technical training institute at "Joyag" area for the rural uneducated people because he believed that only education can change the mind of a man and keep themselves away from being involved in crimes like killing/looting etc. At that time, a local lawyer, named Hemanta Kumar invited him to stay at his home. Hemanta was believed as the first barrister in this region on that time. He donated his land and building to Gandhiji and Gandhiji was pleased to him too. Gandhi used to drink only goat milk and he always carried a goat with his team. One night, the goat of Gandhi was stolen from the complex. After that he returned to Bihar (India) but willing to come again to continue the activities of the vocational training center. After that, Pakistan got independence from India. In 1948, Mahatma Gandhi was assassinated by fire and never managed to came back to Noakhali before his death. That was his only visit. In 1971, the east part of Pakistan declared themselves independent and named Bangladesh. Noakhali belongs to Bangladesh now. The Institute is now running autonomously in collaboration with the Bangladesh government.
Current Condition of Gandhi Ashram Trust: After his death, the Pakistani government tried to destroy his memories and work. The Pakistanis always hated Gandhi and all the Hindu people. During the period of 1947-1971, Pakistani people and their supporters forced Hindus to settle in India and destroyed their properties. After 1971, the Independent country Bangladesh began to preserve his history. The Vocational instituted was then named "Gandhi Ashram Trust" and started to serve local rural people. But now after 2000, the training activities started to decline. People are much more interested to move towards to a city now. Now the building is converted into a museum where lots of photos of Gandhi's earlier life is found.
The Ashram Trust is located in Joyag, Sonaimuri, Noakhali district. It is actually situated at Noakhali - Ramganj (Laksmipur) highway. There are some other branches of Gandhi Ashram are established to achieve the mission of Mahatma Gandhi in many different districts of Bangladesh. But actually the historical place where Gandhi resided in Bangladesh is in Noakhali.
 => Array
[name] => Mir Mosharrof Hossain Memorial Museum
[post_id] => 22069
[post_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/places/mir-mosharrof-hossain-memorial-museum/
[thumb_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/P_20151017_143917_1_p-300x169.jpg
[post_content] => Mir Mosharraf Hossain (মীর মশাররফ হোসেন) was a famous Bengali language novelist, playwright and essayist in 19th century. He is popular among the people for his famous novel Bishad Sindhu (বিষাদ সিন্ধু). It is a novel based on the tragic death of the grandchildren of Holy Prophet Mohammad. The incidents behind "Ashura" is being well written in here. He is considered as the first novelist to emerge from the Muslim society of Bengal. He was born and brought up at Lahinipara in Kushtia District.
Though he was born in the village of Lahinipara (লাহিনিপাড়া) in Kumarkhali (কুমারখালী), Kushtia in 1847, but after that he spent most of his life in Padamdi
in Baliakandi Upazila under Rajbari District. He was born in a Muslim aristocrat family.
The original house at Kumarkhali being demolished almost 130 years ago. In the year 2008, government established an auditorium in that place along with a primary school.
That place is used as a museum too, which is named as Mir Mosharrof Hossain Memorial Museum. Inside the Museum, visitors may not discover a significant number of collections. But, a few collections will make the visitor remember the lifestyle of this great novelist. There are only some agricultural tools, chairs, glasses and some armors used by Mir Mosharraf Hossain is being displayed for the visitors. There are some rare and historical photographs too.
Mir Mosharraf Hossain died in 1912 in Padamdi
. In 1999, Government of People's Republic of Bangladesh decided to build a memorial complex in his family graveyard in Padamdi, Rajbari. Which make the traveler confused as two of these structures are almost in similar pattern concentrating on the memories. But a traveler has to keep in mind that one is in Kushtia and another one is in Rajbari.
 => Array
[name] => Bikrampur Museum
[post_id] => 9568
[post_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/places/bikrampur-museum/
[thumb_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Bikrampur-Museum-11-300x169.jpg
After the migration of Jogunath Babu, a piece of land of his belonging was taken by the government and then a Museum was built in here. It is now open 6 days a weak except its weekly holiday, Thursday. It was inaugurated in 2013 by the Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina.
 => Array
[name] => Mymensingh Museum
[post_id] => 22188
[post_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/places/mymensingh-museum/
[thumb_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/P_20151013_160427_1_p-169x300.jpg
Mymensingh Museum (ময়মনসিংহ জাদুঘর), formerly known as Momenshahi Museum (মোমেনশাহী জাদুঘর) is located at the bagan bari (garden house) of Zamindar Madan Babu at 17 Amrita (অমৃত) Babu Road, Mymensingh, Bangladesh. The museum, which began as an important regional institution for preservation of locally collected historical evidence, lacks proper preservation. Its objective is to preserve the rare and unique relics of local architecture, sculpture, metal works,utensils, handwritten scripts on paper and leaf, and commercial products. Collected from the palaces of Mymensingh District Zamindars, the museum's initial collection included 214 articles. They are housed in three rooms within the museum.
The museum was established in 1969 at the initiative of the-then Deputy Commissioner of Mymensingh. Initially run by the Mymensingh Municipality. The Department of Archaeology, Cultural Affairs Ministry took charge of the museum in 1989. By 1995, it was enlisted in the gazette.
The collection includes manuscripts and coins, though many are not on display due to insufficient showcase space. A peacock mummy comes from Mymensingh Medical College. Bamboo and cane items, preserved birds, photographs and pottery were damaged during a renovation in 1999–2001.
Several articles were collected from Zamindar palaces. The Muktagacha zamindar palace contribution includes a stone flower vase, a compass, antique clocks, Bakharee (an ornament), pottery, weaving machines, ornamental flower tub stands, candle stands, iron shelves and sports items. Statuary and sculptures include those of Saraswati, Vishnu, and a dragon.
Natural history items include a tiger head, two deer heads, and the head of a wild bull. Elephant heads, a sofa set, Italian statues, and a huge shade used during hunting come from the Gouripur(গৌরীপুর) zamindar palace. A rhinoceros hide and a table with a marble stone top were acquired from the Atharabari (আঠারোবাড়ি) zamindar palace .The museum contains many paintings of rural Bengal.