=> Array
[name] => Ramakrishna Mission and Moth
[post_id] => 10095
[post_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/places/ramkrishno-mission-and-moth/
[thumb_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/RK-Mission-11-300x169.jpg
Ramakrishna Mission and moth is a historically significant architectural monument situated at Gopibag in Motijheel, Dhaka. The temple Ramakrishna Mission is an architecture which was founded by Swami Vivekananda in 13 February 1916 and the Ramakrishna Moth was founded by Swami Brakkhanananda.In 1916 Swami Brahmananda and Swami Premananda paid their kind visit to Dhaka. On the 13 Feb. 1916, after the proper rituals Puja and Homa, Swami Brahamananda and Swami Permananda laid foundation of Ramakrishna Math and Ramakrishna Mission respectively.
On the same day as above Swami Premananda Laid the foundation stone of an indoor hospital with twenty beds as its service activities. In this year i.e. 1916 the Mission work was transferred to its permanent place from the rented house. After 8 months,first Governor of the East Bengal, Lord Carmichael inaugurated the opening ceremony of this medical service centre. In March of this year Dhaka Ramakrishna Mission received the affiliation of the Headquarters at Belur. The Ramakrishna Mission Authority of Belur appointed the local executive committee to manage the work. After 85 years crossing the temple had reached its dilapidated condition. The main construction work began in 2000.
24 February 2005 is a memorable day for Dhaka centre, as well as for the devotees, admirers and well-wishers, for, the newly built temple at Ramakrishna Moth, Dhaka, after 5 years work, consecrated in a glorious ceremony performed by Srimat Swami Gahananandaji Maharaj, then Senior Vice-President of the Ramakrishna Order in presence of so many senior monks and brahmacharins and a large number of devotees from home and abroad. 24 February 2005 is a memorable day for Dhaka centre, as well as for the devotees, admirers and well-wishers, for, the newly built temple at Ramakrishna Math, Dhaka, after 5 years work, consecrated in a glorious ceremony performed by Srimat Swami Gahananandaji Maharaj, then Senior Vice-President of the Ramakrishna Order in presence of so many senior monks and brahmacharins and a large number of devotees from home and abroad.
Architectural significance: The temple has a capacity of sitting for about 600 persons, while the height of the temple, say, 80 ft from the ground level, with a completely new and pleasing out looking both inside and outside differ from any other temple of Ramakrishna Order. It has 5 entrances. The shrine room with hexagonal view has been made in such a way that devotees can see the shrine from every side of the temple except back. The main dome is surrounding by 6 small domes with the symbols of 6 religions in their pinnacles, presenting the universality of Ramakrishna Order on the basis of Sri Ramakrishna's realization “as many faiths so many paths." The basement with an area of 5500 sft will be utilized for the purpose of a museum, casual exhibition, discourses and seminars on religions and cultures of different faiths and on topics of learning.
 => Array
[name] => Tongir Tek Mandir Vita
[post_id] => 5895
[post_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/places/tongir-tek-mandir-vita-%e0%a6%9f%e0%a6%99%e0%a7%8d%e0%a6%97%e0%a7%80%e0%a6%b0-%e0%a6%9f%e0%a7%87%e0%a6%95-%e0%a6%ae%e0%a6%a8%e0%a7%8d%e0%a6%a6%e0%a6%bf%e0%a6%b0-%e0%a6%ad%e0%a6%bf%e0%a6%9f%e0%a6%be/
[thumb_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/DSC_00751-300x199.jpg
A Buddhist temple has been discovered in the territory of 2500 years old fort city named Wari-Bateshwar,Narsingdi. It has been located 14 kilometer away from the mother site of Wari-Bateshwar. It has been discovered at the village of Tongir tek, Shibpur upazila, Narsingdi. After discovering, the team of Archaeologist from Jahangirnagar University named it as ‘Tongir tek Mandir Vita’. Researcher conducting excavation there, assuming that it might be 1500 years old ancient Buddhist temple. With the discovery of this feature, it has been evaluating as a milestone in Buddha religion.
Along with the extended excavation, Researcher also collecting the seeds and pollens from this site. This collection will help a broad-spectrum research to reveal the environment, life style and eventually food habits of ancient people.
Researcher came to knew about the temple in the year of 2011, and they started excavating the site in 2012 where they found a parent room (গর্ভগৃহ) of the temple. Currently, researchers said that they have completed one-fourth of the excavation. Along with parent room of this temple there are Mandap & a Corridor interconnected which is a great sign of a complete ‘Buddhist Temple’.
There is a copperplate named ‘ASHRAFPUR COPPERPLATE’ also discovered from the same Upazila, previously. Where it was mentioned that there were four ‘Buddhist Bihar or Biharika’ in that region. Now, Archaeologist trying to discover those by excavating this temple. Generally, Buddhist Bihar is a part of the Temple & located very near to the worshipping house. May be someday, Archaeologist will discover the Bihar along with this Temple which will bring a new dimension in Buddha religion of Bangladesh.
 => Array
[name] => Gouri Moth
[post_id] => 18737
[post_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/places/gouri-moth/
[thumb_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/IMG_20150906_105800133.jpg
Gouri Moth (a sacred place dedicated to the culture of Krishna lifestyle) was established in 1943 in Barodia, Kalia, Narail. After a couple of renovations, it is still there to welcome the devotees of Lord Srikrishno. There are some other Gourio moths in entire Bangladesh too. The most prominent one is in Dhaka at Narinda/Wari area.
In 1943, Turyaswami established the original temple after which he put the idol of Radha-Krishno in it. In 1971, during the liberation war of Bangladesh, Pakistani Army destroyed almost everywhere temple in Bangladesh but luckily the Narail area was a base of Bangladeshi Freedom Fighters so that they did not manage to destroy the temple. However, the temple needed renovation, so another Guru (religious preacher) Santo Goswami made a reconstruction of the temple complex.
25 years ago, from Rajstan (India), a White Shiv Lingam has bought in here. Now it is a Shiv Temple too and people come to worship the lingam. It is made of White Marble which is only one of the tenth of its entire criterion in Bangladesh. To see another marble made white Shiv lingam, you need to visit the Rajshahi Barenda Museum or Khulna Divisional Museum.
Few years back, idol of new Radha-Krishno was brought into this temple as well. So, now the temple looks almost as a new structure but many people did not know that it is a historical place and also a heritage sight of Bangladesh especially for the hindu religious people. It is basically a Krishna Temple that means they worship Krishna mainly. In every year during the eve of Krishna's Birthday (Jonmastomi) they arrange a three days program to celebrate it. About 1000 local Hindu people attends the dinner (bhog/prosad) and they sings the holy krishna songs for the entire night.
 => Array
[name] => Gurudwara Nanak Shahi
[post_id] => 10226
[post_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/places/gurudwara-nanak-shahi/
[thumb_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Guru-Duara-11-300x169.jpg
Gurudwara Nanak Shahi (গুরুদুয়ারা নানকশাহী) is a Sikh Gurudwara in Dhaka, the capital of Bangladesh. It is considered to be the only official Sheikh Prayer Hall in Bangladesh. It is located at the campus of the University of Dhaka and considered to be the biggest of 9 to 10 Gurdwaras in the country.
According to the commemorating, the visit of Guru Nanak (1506-1507), founder of Sikh religion, it is the most important historic place. It is said to have been built in 1830. The present building of the Gurudwara Nanak Shahi was renovated in 1988-1989. The parkarma verandah had been constructed on all four sides of the original building to provide protection. You can go there in every Friday afternoon to pay a visit and see their rituals.