The Central Cooperative Bank was established in 1921 during the British Period, under the then British Lord [Lawrence John Lumley Dundas, 2nd Marquess of Zetland]. All the transactions of his area where held and maintained by this bank. From the architectural point of view, undoubtedly this building holds the year old history. It is considered to be the oldest bank in Natore region. The foundation of the bank was laid by The Honorable Nawab Saiyed Nawab Ali Chowdhury Khan Bahadur C. I. E. on 15th February 1921.
The condition of this building is not good, as this years old structure has not been renovated yet and remain forsaken or excluded. Also, the government has not been any precautions to preserve this building. Now, it is being using by local people for some other purposes. The local government authority should take steps to save this historical attraction.
It is located beside the Natore Sadar Hospital; just in the west side of the Sadar Hospital area’s mosque. After reaching at Natore Sadar in Madrasa Mor, take rickshaw to reach Natore Sadar Hospital. After arriving in there, ask any one for the Old Bank.
1. Shamoli Paribahan:
12, South Kollyanpur, Mirpur Road, Dhaka.
Tel: 02-900331, 02-8034275.
2. Hanif Enterprise:
Dhaka Offices: Panthopath: 0173-402670,
Arambagh: 01713-402671, Sayadabad: 01713-402673
3. Green Line Paribahan:
Kallyanpur Branch: 3/2, South Kallyanpur, Dhaka.
4. Modern Enterprise (AC Chair Coach)
>>Head Office: Lake Circus, Panthapath, Kalabagan, Dhaka.
Phone: 9123743, 327293
>>Branch Office: Gabtoli Booking Office, Intercity Bus Terminal,
(Counter No. 19), Mirpur, Dhaka. Phone: 806099
Padma Express (Train No 759), Off day-Tuesday, from Dhaka to Rajshahi, Start at 23:10-4:50
Accommodation facilities in Natore are as follows:
1. Hotel VIP
Address: Borohorishpur, Natore
Direction: 1 km West of Central Bus Terminal and East of Madrasha more.
Phone: 0771-66097, +880 1718 673735
2. Hotel Millat
Address: Madrasha More, Natore Sadar, Natore
3. Hotel Prince
Address: Railway Station Bazar, Natore Sadar, Natore
4. Hotel Raj
Address: Madrasha More, Natore Sadar, Natore
5. Hotel Rukhsana
Address: Kanaikhali, Old bus stand, Natore Sadar, Natore
6. Natore Boarding
Address: Nichabazar, Hospital Road, Natore Sadar, Natore.
7. Natore Sugar Mills Guest House
Address: Natore Sugar Mills area, Natore Sadar, Natore
Referred to where to eat at Natore Sadar, click here
Mohini mill was the largest factory compound area in the entire Indian territory during the year 1912. It was a textile industrial area to produce fine quality fabrics. Millpara (Mohini Mill Area) bears the proud memories of mass people and symbolizes the historic significance of Industrial development. The combined effort by Mohini Mohon Chakraborty, Poet Rabindranath Tagore, Jogot Kishore Chowdhury and Chomon Lal made this possible to establish this Mills in the year 1912 on an area of 99 bigha.
For the economical freedom of the people in this region Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman nationalize that Mills in the year 1972 and his directions paved the way to open a new unit of BMRE (Balancing Modernizing Reconstructing Engineering).
This mills was running well until 1982. Later onward this mills fall in great loss as a result of conspiracy and corruptions by few selfish people. On 5th of February 1982 this mills was announced to close its door and black day came for 3000 labors at that time. After the closing labors didn’t stop their movement for the re-opening of this Mills. Later by the order of Honorable Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina this Mills re opened for the labors on 17th of February 2009. But the scheming and corruption didn’t stop. Which at last result in permanent closing and this Mills was sold to private sector in the April, 2013. For now being this Mills is closed and stopped working.)  => Array ( [name] => Nawabganj Ansar Camp (Painna Bari & Teli Bari) [post_id] => 10248 [post_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/places/nawabganj-ansar-camp-painna-bari-teli-bari/ [thumb_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/1-300x169.jpg [post_content] =>
Nawabganj is one of the prominent regions in Dhaka containing a large number of old buildings and Zamindar Bari, Amongst the archaeologically or historically famous buildings the most well-known ones are Hasnabad Church, Braja Niketon,the Baghmara Moth, the Bakshanagar Church and the residence of Khelaram.
But there are also several lesser known old buildings, mostly set up by merchants lived that region previous years, who were traders of various kinds of produces, including salt.
Over time, many of these buildings have fallen prey to locally influential land grabbers. Most of these buildings are in a state of ruins, desperately requiring due attention. Some buildings have been acquired by the Ansar & Village Defense Party (VDP), a paramilitary force of the government, and the authorities have renovated some of these structures and maintain them fairly well.
It includes the House of Harihar Ghosh, the Ansar Commandant’s current office which is now known as Nawabganj Ansar Camp (Painna Bari & Teli Bari), Loknath Saha’s House and a few more houses.)  => Array ( [name] => Alexander Castle [post_id] => 21791 [post_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/places/alexander-castle/ [thumb_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/P_20151013_170743_1_p-300x169.jpg [post_content] =>
Alexander Castle is one of the most amazing and renowned structure in Mymensingh District. It was built by Maharaja Suryo Kanta Acharya Chowdhury(মহারাজ সুর্যকান্ত আচার্য চৌধুরী) in 1879 in the memory of the 1st zilla magistrate of Mymensingh Mr. N .S Alexander at the time of Jubili festival. It covers an area of 27.155 acres.
It is a nice small archaic building having two Greek statue at both sides of the front gate. Though the arms of those statues are currently broken, but still those looks great. The whole building is placed over a high plinth, probably to avoid the flood from the nearness river.
It cost 45000 taka at that time. Alexander Castle is a two storied building made by metals and woods in a high concrete base. This building was used as a rest house for the guests of Maharaja Maharaja Soshi Kanta Acharya Chowdhury. Many great personalities of the world stayed at this castle when visiting Mymensingh city. Nobel Laureate poet Rabindranath Tagore arrived in Mymensingh around the midday of 15 February 1926. He stayed in the Alexander Castle as a guest for 4days. Mahatma Gandhi also stayed in this castle in 1926.
Lord carzon, Chittaranjan Das, Nawab Sir Salimullah, Kamal Pasha also visited Alexander Castle. This house was decorated by royal furnitures and items at that time. There is a big field in front of this house. You can see two fascinating silver statue which makes the place more beautiful. There is also a big garden and a pond still remains behind the castle. It is said that Maharaja used to keep big cats in his garden so he surrounded the garden with big still cages.At present this house is being used as library of teachers training college(male) in Mymensingh.)  => Array ( [name] => Niyogi House [post_id] => 16728 [post_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/places/niyogi-house/ [thumb_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/niyogee-house-8-300x200.jpg [post_content] =>
The Niyogi House (নিয়গি বাড়ি) is located at Pukur Para (পুকুর পাড়া) of Singair Upazila. It is a old house built by Ganesh Chandra Niyogi more than 100 years ago. The household comprises of three structures, the principal and largest one is in severe ruins. Not only has the entire roof fallen down, anything that once formed this roof has now disappeared. The large arched doors and windows including their frames too are not to be found anywhere. It had a spacious corridor running the length of the building inside.
Another large building, though too in a dilapidated state is currently being used as the hostel of the local college. The smallest structure that once served as the kitchen has been renovated and is currently being used as accommodation by the Head of the Department of Economics of the same institution. He was there to proudly show us around the premises.
Within the inner compound of the buildings, there is an old well, which shows more waste than water some fifteen feet below. Date inscribed there 1334 Falgun (ফালগুণ) on the wall of this well, declaring this to be at least 87 years old.) )
Questions, issues or concerns? I'd love to help you!