Where to Stay
There are many hotels available in Chittagong. Some of them have been mentioned below for your help.
1. Hotel Golden Inn
Address: 336 Station Rd Chittagong
Contact: 611 004
2. Asian SR Hotel
Address: 291 Station Rd Chittagong
Contact: 031-2850346-8, 01711-889555
3. Hotel Park
Address: 627, DT road, Kadamtoli Chittagong
Contact: 01819-388011
4. Hotel Landmark
Address: 3072, Sheikh Mujhibar Road, Agrabad, Chittagong
Contact: 031-813598/727299
5. Hotel Dream International Ltd
Station Road, Chittagong, Bangladesh
01829-440044
6. Hotel Azad
Enayet Bazar, Chittagong, Bangladesh
7. Hotel Mishka
Station Road, Chittagong 4000, Bangladesh
8. Motel Shaikat
Station Road, Chittagong, Bangladesh
Array
(
[0] => Array
(
[name] => {:en}Ronvijoypur Mosque{:}{:bn}রনবিজয়পুর মসজিদ{:}
[post_id] => 1581
[post_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/places/ronvijoypur-mosque-3/
[thumb_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Ronvijoypur-Mosque2-300x200.jpg
[post_content] => {:en}
Ronvijoypur Mosque has the largest dome in Bangladesh. It is of 11 meters (36 ft) width supported by arches. The corners have tapering circular towers while the external molding has a slight curve. The interior of the Ronvijoypur Mosque is plain. However the main mihrab consists of decorations of floral patterns. It was constructed according to khan Jahan style of architecture. Several renovations took place during the 1960s and 1970s. However, more repair work is required to prevent dampness inside the tomb, and also to the brick work on the exterior surfaces.
[This spot needs more detail. If you have more inform]ation and photos, please be advised to add in our website. Your name will be published as a Content Contributor]
{:}{:bn}খুলনা বিভাগের বাগেরহাট জেলায় (খুলনা-বাগেরহাট মহাসড়কে) খানা জাহানের সমাধির উল্টোদিকে রনবিজয়পুর মসজিদ অবস্থিত। বাংলাদেশের বৃহত্তম গম্বুজ রয়েছে এই মসজিদে। খিলানের উপর ভর করা এই মসজিদের গম্বুজটি প্রায় ১১ মিটার (৩৬ ফুট) প্রশস্ত। রনবিজয়পুর মসজিদের কোণায় সরু গোলাকার টাওয়ার রয়েছে এবং মসজিদের বাইরের নকশার কাজ সামান্য বাঁকানো। তবে মসজিদের মূল মিহরাবে ফুলের নকশা রয়েছে। খান জাহানের স্থাপত্যশৈলী অনুসরণ করে এই মসজিদটি নির্মাণ করা হয়। ষাট এবং সত্তরের দশকে রনবিজয়পুর মসজিদটি কয়েকদফা মেরামত করা হয়। তবে, মসজিদের গম্বুজের অভ্যন্তরের এবং বাইরের দেয়ালের আদ্রতা দূর করতে মসজিদটিকে আরো মেরামতের প্রয়োজন আছে।{:}
)
[1] => Array
(
[name] => Softhori Mosque
[post_id] => 3104
[post_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/places/softhori-mosque/
[thumb_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Softhori-Mosque-212x300.gif
[post_content] =>
Softhori Mosque is located at center of Atwari-Boda road and the bounding line of Atwari and Thakurgaon sub-district of Panchagarh. It is the oldest mosque of the district. A person name Sudharu Saha was established Softhori Mosque. No actual information about its formation date. But there is similarity between Softhori Mosque and dome mosque at Mugrapara in Sonargaon in Narayanganj district.
It was built during the Sultani time, in 1478. For the similarity between two mosques it is assumed that Solthori Mosque was established during the Sultani time. Squire Shape Solthori Mosque has only twelve ft. width walls, with no specific place for the Imam. Hence the entry door is very low and only 5 people can pray together once. In the north and south side there are two small door. The wide compound of the front has an arch. Now the arch has changed its real look. The walls is designed with flower and leafs. The Softhori Mosque was affected by earthquake, but was reconstructed in 2007.
)
[2] => Array
(
[name] => {:en}Washil Chowdhury Para Mosque{:}{:bn}ওয়াশিল চৌধুরীপাড়া মসজিদ{:}
[post_id] => 8035
[post_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/places/washil-chowdhury-para-mosque/
[thumb_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Washil-Chowdhury-Para-Mosque-300x201.jpg
[post_content] => {:en}
Washil Chowdhury Para Mosque is a historical mosque in Chittagong City. It was established in 1795 by landlord Asgar Ali Chowdhury.
[We need more detail information of this spot. If you have more information and photos, please be advised to add and share in our website. Your name will be published as a Content Contributor]
{:}{:bn}
চট্রগ্রাম শহরের একটি ঐতিহাসিক মসজিদের নাম ওয়াশিল চৌধুরীপাড়া মসজিদ। ১৭৯৫ সালে জমিদার আসগার আলী চৌধুরী এই মসজিদটি প্রতিষ্ঠা করেন।
{:}
)
[3] => Array
(
[name] => Nayabad Mosque
[post_id] => 1990
[post_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/places/nayabad-mosque/
[thumb_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Nayabad-mosque1-300x211.png
[post_content] =>
Nayabad Mosque is located in the bank of the river Dhepa, just 1.5 km south-west of the infamous Kantaji Temple at Dinajpur in Bangladesh. The mosque is named after the village “Nayabad” in which it stands in the Police Station of Kaharole. According to an inscription found on the central doorway, it was constructed at 1793 AD in the reign of Mughal Emperor Shah Alam II. During that period, Raja Baidyanath, the last of the Dinajpur Royal family, was the Zaminder (feudal land owner).
Nayabad Mosque was erected at a time when the soil of Dinajpur had already been enriched with one of the most remarkable Navaratna temples, the Kantajew Temple in 1752 AD. The founding Royal family of Dinajpur was still prominent. According to local traditions, the mosque was built by Muslim architectural workers who had come to this place from the west to build Kantaji Temple. They had settled in Nayabad, a village near the temple, and had built the mosque for their own use. There is a grave of an unknown person in the premises of the mosque. Local people believe, this is the grave of Kalu Khan, the master architect of Kantaji Temple.
It is an oblong three-domed mosque with octagonal towers at the four corners. There are three arched entrances to enter the mosque. Among them, the central one is bigger than the flanking ones. These are equal in height and width. There is an arched window each on the south and north sides. Inside in the western wall there are three Mihrabs in line with the three entrances. The central Mihrab is bigger than the flanking ones which are of equal size. Three hemispherical domes cover the mosque, of which the central one is bigger than the side ones. Pendentives have been used in their phase of transition. The parapet and cornice are straight.
Terracotta plaques have been used in decoration of the mosque. At present there are about 104 terracotta plaques rectangular in shape, used in the surface decoration of the mosque walls. The platform of the mosque is enclosed by a low brick wall with only one access from the east. On either side of the mosque are to be seen a number of tombs each of found fixed over the central doorway of the mosque.
)
)