Array
(
[0] => Array
(
[name] => King Harish Chandra Mound Palace
[post_id] => 10403
[post_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/bn/places/king-harish-chandra-mound-palace/
[thumb_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Raja-Harish-Chandra-Mound-Palace-1-300x169.jpg
[post_content] =>
Buddhist monastic remains have been found at least in three places in Savar. One of which is locally known as King Harish Chandra mound Palace in Majidpur (মজিদপুর) village to the east of the Savar Market bus-stop.
King Harish Chandra Mound Palace is a protected monument by the Department of Archaeology in Bangladesh. It Was protected on 22nd of November 1920, under ancient monument preservation act 1904 and acquired by the Government of Bangladesh in 23 December, 1925.
Excavation conducted here previously in 1925-26, traces of four structures along with some lintels of terracotta, Buddha images, and an inscribed Vishnu image were found. The evidence as a whole pointed to 7th-8th century AD. Excavations in the Rajbadi mound in 1989-90 revealed a square-shaped stupa enclosed by a wide wall. A silver 'Harikela' coin, a gold coin and a number of Buddhist bronze figures have been unearthed here. A date around 7th-8th century AD has been suggested for the remains.
Regular Archaeological excavation were conducted during several seasons from 1988 to 1997. As a result of those excavation It revealed a Stupa measuring 28m×28 on the north of the mound and an oblong monastic cells on the south of the mound. It appears two building and rebuilding phase on the both of exposed remains.
By Archaeological excavations Further to its east at Rajasan, another area had been discovered containing Buddhist remains.
)
[1] => Array
(
[name] => {:en}Parulia Mosque{:}{:bn}পারুলিয়া মসজিদ{:}
[post_id] => 4137
[post_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/bn/places/parulia-mosque/
[thumb_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/DSCN1052-300x225.jpg
[post_content] => {:en}
Parulia Mosque,According to a Persy inscription attached in the main gateway of the mosque; Bibi Jainab, a daughter of Nasir shah and wife of Diwan Sharif, built this mosque in 1126 AH/ 1714 AD. Internally,it is 18.29m in long, 5.18m wide and the wall of the mosque is 1.52m thick. Two lateral arches divided the interior of the mosque into three square sections. Three domes cover the roof of these three sections. The domes are crowned with lotus and kalasa finials. There are banded octagonal corner towers at four corners of the mosque. It was an exception that all the corner towers reached up to the cornice. In the Mughal style corner towers generally reach above the cornice.
There are five archways in the mosque, three at the eastern wall and one each at northern and southern walls. The central archway is bigger than the other four which are all in same size and shape. The upper portion of the outer side of the main gateway is under a half-domed roof and is recessed in a rectangular structure. Three mihrabs are at the western wall corresponding to the three archways of the eastern wall. All the mihrabs and the archways are stuck in rectangular structure, which are ornamented with merlons. There are arched niches on both sides of the mihrabs and archways. Archways and mihrabs are marked by their outward projection. Rectangular and square panels decoration are in both sides of the outer face of the archways.
The mosque was partially damaged by earthquakes in 1897 and was renovated later on. There is a square shaped open courtyard in front of the mosque, which is surrounded by a wall not very high. A beautiful gateway is in the eastern side of this wall.
There are two ponds at the northern and southern side of the Mosque which has increased the beauty of Mosque. And it makes the environment of Mosque Premises cool.
There is a one domed square tomb of Diwan Sharif and Bibi Jainab on the western side of the mosque. Every year at some particular month many people of cultural diversity have come here to celebrate a fair (Local term oros). They open so many itinerant shop of snacks and different kinds of toys. People come to pray and wish to have something (Spiritual) which is related with the well being of their life.
{:}{:bn}
নরসিংদী জেলার পলাশ উপজেলার পারুলিয়ায় এই মসজিদটি অবস্থিত। মসজিদের মূল ফটকে রক্ষিত একটি পারস্য শিলালিপি থেকে জানা যায় ১১২৬ হিজরী/১৭১৪ সালে জনৈক নাসির নামক ব্যাক্তির কন্যা এবং দিওয়ান শরীফ নামক ব্যাক্তির স্ত্রী বিবি জয়নাব এই মসজিদটি নির্মাণ করেন। মসজিদটির অভ্যন্তরের দৈর্ঘ্য ১৮.২৯ মিটার, প্রস্থ ৫.১৮ মিটার এবং মসজিদের দেয়ালের ঘনত্ব ১.৫২ মিটার। দুটি ধনুকআকৃতির সমান্তরাল পথের মাধ্যমে মসজিদের অভ্যন্তরকে তিনটি বর্গাকারভাগে ভাগ করা হয়েছে। প্রতিটি ভাগের উপরেই একটি করে গম্বুজ রয়েছে। প্রতিটি গম্বুজে নকশা ও অলংকার খোদাই করা আছে। ব্যাতিক্রম হিসেবে মসজিদের চারকোণায় অষ্টভুজ টাওয়ার রয়েছে যেগুলোর প্রতিটির উচ্চতা কার্নিশ পর্যন্ত। মুঘল স্থাপত্যশৈলীতে কোনার টাওয়ারগুলোর উচ্চতা সাধারণত কার্নিশকে ছাড়িয়ে যায়। মসজিদটির মোট পাঁচটি ধনুকআকৃতির ফটকের মধ্যে পূর্বদিকের দেয়ালে তিনটি, উত্তর ও দক্ষিন দিকের দেয়ালে একটি ফটক রয়েছে। মসজিদের মাঝখানের ফটকটি অন্যান্য ফটকের চেয়ে বড়। মসজিদের মূল ফটকের বাইরের দিকটি উপরিভাগ অর্ধগম্বুজ আকৃতির ছাদের নীচে অবস্থিত যেটি একটি আয়াতক্ষেত্রাকার কাঠামোর উপর নির্মাণ করা হয়েছে। অন্যান্য ফটকগুলো সামান্য নিচু আয়াতক্ষেত্রাকার কাঠামোর উপর নির্মাণ করা হয়েছে। মসজিদের পশ্চিমদিকের দেয়ালে পূর্বদিকের ফটকগুলো বরাবর তিনটি মিহরাব অবস্থিত। সবকটি মিহরাব এবং ধনুকআকৃতির ফটকগুলো অলংকারখচিত আয়াতক্ষেত্রাকার কাঠামোর উপর নির্মাণ করা হয়েছে। মিহরাব এবং ফটকের উভয়দিকেই ধনুকআকৃতির কোটর রয়েছে। ফটকগুলোর বাইরের অংশে বর্গাক্ষেত্রাকার এবং আয়াতক্ষেত্রাকার নকশা রয়েছে। ১৮৯৭ সালের ভুমিকম্পে মসজিদটি আংশিক ক্ষতিগ্রস্ত হলেও পরবর্তীতে মসজিদটি মেরামত করা হয়। মসজিদের সামনের বর্গাক্ষেত্রাকার আঙ্গিনাটি প্রাচীর দিয়ে ঘেরা। তবে প্রাচীরের উচ্চতা খুব বেশি নয় তবে প্রাচীরের পূর্বদিকেএকটি চমৎকার ফটক রয়েছে।পারুলিয়া মসজিদের উত্তর ও দক্ষিণদিকে অবস্থিত দুটি পুকুর মসজিদ অঙ্গনকে ঠাণ্ডা রাখার পাশাপাশি মসজিদের সৌন্দর্য বহুগুনে বৃদ্ধি করেছে।
মসজিদের পশ্চিমে দিওয়ান শরীফ এবং বিবি জয়নাবের এক গম্বুজবিশিষ্ট দরগা অবস্থিত। প্রতিবছর এখানে বছরের একটি নির্দিষ্ট মাসে মেলা (স্থানীয়ভাবে ওরশ বলা হয়) অনুষ্ঠিত হয় যেখানে বিভিন্ন সংস্কৃতির মানুষজন অংশ নিয়ে থাকে। এসময় এখানে বিভিন্ন খাবার ও খেলনা পাওয়া যায়। মানুষ এখানে এসে প্রার্থনা করে এবং নিজেদের জীবনের সমৃদ্ধির জন্য কিছু চেয়ে থাকে।
{:}
)
[2] => Array
(
[name] => Shila Devir Ghat
[post_id] => 6737
[post_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/bn/places/shila-devir-ghat/
[thumb_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Shila-Devir-Ghat31-300x240.jpg
[post_content] =>
Shila Devir Ghat is an archaeological spot which is situated at the Mahasthangarh of Shibganj from Bogra district. This ghat is just around 200 meter apart from the Mahastangarh, and it’s beside the river Korotoa.
According to the legend, the Shila Devi was the beautiful daughter of the king Parshurama, some people used to say she was the sister of the King Porshurama. After the war with King Shah Sultan, Shila Devi jumped inside the water of the Korota River to save her honor, and drowned herself.
The spot is known as the Ghat of Shila devi. But the scholars are counting this story as a myth. They believe that the original name of the place was 'Shila Dvipa', that means the island of stone. Anyway, the Hindus used to celebrate the Paus Narayani Bath annually at here.
)
[3] => Array
(
[name] => Bhai Girish Chandra Sen's Old House
[post_id] => 23726
[post_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/bn/places/bhai-girish-chandra-sens-old-house/
[thumb_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Old-House-of-Bhai-Girish-Chandra-Sen-9-200x300.jpg
[post_content] => Girish Chandra Sen also known as Bhai Girish Chandra Sen ( ভাই গিরিশ চন্দ্র সেন), a Brahmo Samaj missionary, was the first person to complete the translation of the Qur'an into Bengali in 1886. It was his finest contribution to Bengali literature. Born in the village of Panchdona of Narsingdi in 1835 in the famed Dewan Baidya clan, he learnt Persian and Sanskrit in early life and started working as a copywriter in the court of the deputy magistrate in Mymensingh. He also taught for a short while at the Mymensingh Zilla School before engaging wholeheartedly in journalism and literary activities. He was attracted to the Brahmo Samaj under the influence of Keshub Chunder Sen and Bijoy Krishna Goswami and joined it as a missionary in 1871. He traveled through India and Burma to propagate his new faith.
The plasters on the walls of this two floor house have almost completely fallen off, baring the brick work, which is covered in a thick moss. The ceilings on both the floors have entirely caved in. Trees have grown all over the walls, thereby creating large cracks. The wood work from doors and windows is completely stolen. To overcome those destruction and deterioration of this old House owned by this famous Scholar, Government has taken necessary steps to renovate the building immediately.
In the year of 1869, Keshub Sen chose four persons amongst his missionaries and ordained them as professors of four old religions of the world. Girish Chandra was selected to study Islam. The others selected to study different religions were Gour Govinda Ray for Hinduism, Protap Chandra Mazoomdar for Christianity, and Aghore Nath Gupta for Buddhism.
This was a time, when even translating religious scripts from Islam was considered as desecration of the sanctity of the scripts. The Holy Qur’an was considered too sacred for translation, as such most of the Muslim scholars refrained from even trying.
A firm believer in the basic unity of all religions, Girish immersed himself in his studies and later went to Lucknow in 1876 to study Arabic, Islamic literature and the Islamic religious texts. He was involved in intense studies for about five years. His keen interest in different religions and his liberal outlook earned him the respect of followers of other religions.
On completion of his studies, he returned to Kolkata and engaged in translation of Islamic scriptures. After hard labor of six years from 1881-1886, he produced an annotated Bengali version of the Qur’an via Persian.
Girish Chandra wrote and published a total of 42 books in Bengali. His books were greatly appreciated by the Muslim community which referred to him as 'Bhai Girish Chandra'. The Muslim society, in his days, respected him enormously and gave him the title of a Maulavi.
Girish Chandra Sen spoke fluently in Bengali, Urdu & Persian. A simple soft-spoken person, he endeared himself to all those who came in contact with him. His autobiography, 'Atmajivani' (আত্মজীবনী), was published in 1906. He passed away in 1910.
)
)