Array
(
[0] => Array
(
[name] => Shoshi Lodge ( Women Teachers Training College)
[post_id] => 22126
[post_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/bn/places/shoshi-lodge/
[thumb_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Shoshi-Lodge-4-300x169.jpg
[post_content] =>
Shoshi Lodge (শশী লজ) is located at the center of Mymensingh city which is also known as the Residential Palace of Moharaja Shoshi Kanto Acharya (মহারাজা শশীকান্ত আচার্য). This palace is very close to the river Brahmaputra which is being used as Women Teachers Training College from the year 1952.
According to the history, most of the rulers from Zamindar family have adopted babies in different era and those adopted child ruled the area later. For example Gourikanta(গৌরীকান্ত) was adopted by Roghunondon(রঘুনন্দন). Son of Gourikanta was Shashikanta(শশীকান্ত) and his wife adopted Surjokanta (সূর্য্যকান্ত) as she was childless. Later, Surjokanto became the prominent Zamindar of Mymensingh district. People used to call him as Moharaja(মহারাজা).
Moharaja Surjokanto Acharya was the Zamindar in Mymensingh region for long 41 years. During the reign of his Zamindari he did so many work for social welfare and made a remarkable change in infrastructural development.
He started to build an unique two storied building on an area of nine acre at the end of nineteenth century. Childless Zamindar Surjokanto named after this building in the name of his adopted son Shoshi Kanto Acharya. After completion of construction this building was extensively damaged by a destructive earth quake on the year 1897. Zamindar Surjokanto was immensely worried at this great loss.
Later Zamindar Shoshi Kanto Acharya re-built this building with many additional features in the year 1905 and did more renovation work in 1911. This unique classical architecture and its surrounding will certainly attract a traveler to explore this place recurrently.
)
[1] => Array
(
[name] => Ulpur Zamindar Bari
[post_id] => 18413
[post_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/bn/places/ulpur-zamindar-bari/
[thumb_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Ulpur-Jomidarbari-1-300x169.jpg
[post_content] =>
During 1850, the greater Gopalganj area was ruled by the Zamindar. At that time, they made hundreds of buildings for their residence and official purposes. The buildings were made in the traditional Zamindar Bari look and style. In the last 150 years, most of the houses were destroyed by erosion. After being taken by the government, the authority turned some of these houses into government buildings. Now, most of the houses are abandoned or occupied by local people.
There is a cluster of old buildings in the Ulpur Area which is situated in the Gopalgonj - Takerhat highway, not so far from the Gopalgonj main town. As soon as you cross the Ulpur bridge from Ulpur bazar, the buildings start to appear. The first one was used as the Union Land Office (Government) but is now abandoned. The local people over there are now using it to stock fodder.
The second was probably used as a duplex residential complex but now is being used as the Sub Post Office. The surrounding environment is good and the building is covered by bamboo stocks. In the main road, there is a large old building, which was probably the main building. Outside this building the words "Dinesh Dham" in Bengali is carved in a white slate. This building is currently occupied by some local inhabitants.
If we go farther, then we will see another broken house formerly used as the Upazilla Registry office, now almost completely in ruins. "Din-Dham" in Bengali is also carved outside he building in white stone.
The overall environment of this village is very good and peaceful. Walking for an hour in the silence of this area will be relaxing. The most attractive structure is the Temple. The walls of the temple is decorated with colorful glass & ceramics. The temple looks good but it is also abandoned so the temple has shifted into a newly constructed building.
)
[2] => Array
(
[name] => {:en}Old Railway Station{:}{:bn}পুরাতন রেলওয়ে স্টেশন{:}
[post_id] => 7048
[post_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/bn/places/old-railway-station/
[thumb_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Old-Railway-Station1-300x240.jpg
[post_content] => {:en}
Chittagong has two railway stations. One is new and another is old, which was built by the British Government. There is a highway beside the station which is called station road. This old railway station is very near from the hotel "Golden Inn". Basically it’s not a tourist place but its old red structure can lure you to visit the station.
This station is not function for long road journey. Some local train take a stoppage here. Also some goods caring trail used to load or unload their goods at this place.
[We need more detail information of this spot. If you have more information and photos, please be advised to add and share in our website. Your name will be published as a Content Contributor]
{:}{:bn}
চট্রগ্রামে দুটি রেলস্টেশন আছে। একটি নতুন এবং অপরটি পুরাতন। পুরাতন রেলওয়ে স্টেশন ইংরেজ শাসনামলে নির্মাণ করা হয়েছিল। স্টেশনের পাশ দিয়ে মহাসড়ক চলে গিয়েছে যেটির নাম স্টেশন রোড।
পুরাতন রেল স্টেশনের খুব কাছেই ‘গোল্ডেন ইন’ হোটেল অবস্থিত। পর্যটন স্পট না হলেও পুরাতন স্টেশনের লাল ভবনটি আপনাকে আকর্ষিত করবে। এই স্টেশনে কিছু ট্রেইলার মাল খালাস করে এবং কিছু লোকাল ট্রেন থেমে থাকে। দীর্ঘদিন যাবত এই পুরাতন রেলস্টেশনটি ব্যবহার করা হচ্ছে না। এ কারনে এখানে খুব একটা ভিড় পরিলক্ষিত হয়না। পুরো স্টেশনটি ঘুরে দেখতে ১৫ মিনিটের মত সময় লাগবে। চট্রগ্রামে আসলে এই পুরাতন রেলস্টেশনটি দেখতে আসার সুযোগ হাতছাড়া না করাই ভাল।
{:}
)
[3] => Array
(
[name] => Gouripur Lodge
[post_id] => 22266
[post_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/bn/places/gouripur-lodge/
[thumb_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/P_20151014_090510_1_p-300x169.jpg
[post_content] => Gouripur Lodge (গৌরীপুর লজ) is a signature of golden Zamindari period and an old edifice in Mymensingh town. This archaic building is located near the main town. One can go there using rickshaw easily. It is very near to the Boro Bazar. Though, the purpose and time of establishment is not known to all; however, it can be discovered if further research is conducted there.
It was made using iron, tin and wood. Structure of the building is similar to the Zamindar Mansion of that period. History tells that it was built by Brozendra Kishor Ray Chowdhury (ব্রজেন্দ্র কিশোর রায় চৌধুরী).
Now it is being used as Sonali Bank Corporate office of Mymensingh city. Government officers and few of their subordinates are currently living at that mansion. It has around 20 rooms inside. Anyone can visit there at anytime. You may not have the permission to enter inside, but easily can get access to the mansion premises.
)
)