Array
(
[0] => Array
(
[name] => {:en}Ashrafpur Mosque{:}{:bn}আশরাফপুর মসজিদ{:}
[post_id] => 4267
[post_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/bn/places/ashrafpur-mosque/
[thumb_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/DSCN10881-300x225.jpg
[post_content] => {:en}Ashrafpur is an ancient village of Shibpur Upazila under Narsingdi district. In this village there was two seventh century’s copperplate inscription discovered. Ashrafpur Mosque is situated 1 kilometer south to the finding place of these copperplates. An inscribed stone of this Mosque,Once which was attached to the mosque and now preserved in the Bangladesh national museum, reveals that the mosque was built in 930 AH/ 1524 AD by Dilwar Khan during the reign of Sultan Nasiruddin Abul Muzaffar Nusrat Shah (1519-1532).
The mosque, ruined by the earthquake of 1897, was abandoned, prayer in it discontinued and in course of time it got shrouded by jungle. In 1940 the jungle was cleared and the mosque recovered under the leadership of Mowlana Syed Ali. Even at that time the Mihrab and a portion of the western wall was extant. It was a single domed small mosque built in the sultanate style. Later on, a three-domed modern mosque has been built on the same site where once stood the Sultani mosque.{:}{:bn}
আশরাফপুর গ্রামে যে স্থানে ৭ শতকের দুটো তাম্রফলক পাওয়া গিয়েছিল সেই স্থানের ১ কিলোমিটার দক্ষিনে আশরাফপুর মসজিদটি অবস্থিত। আশরাফপুর মসজিদের শিলালিপিটি বর্তমানে জাতীয় জাদুঘরে সংরক্ষিত আছে। শিলালিপি থেকে জানা যায় যে ৯৩০ হিজরী এবং ১৫২৪ খ্রিস্টাব্দে সুলতান নাসিরউদ্দিন আবুল মুজাফফর নুসরাত শাহ এর শাসনামলে (১৫১৯-১৫৩২) জনৈক দিলওয়ার খান এই মসজিদটি নির্মাণ করিয়েছিলেন।
১৮৯৭ সালের ভয়াবহ ভুমিকম্পে ক্ষতিগ্রস্থ হবার পর মসজিদটিকে পরিত্যাক্ত করা হয় এবং ধীরে ধীরে মসজিদটি জঙ্গলে ঢেকে যায়। ১৯৪০ সালে মওলানা সৈয়দ আলীর নেতৃত্বে জঙ্গল পরিষ্কারের পর মসজিদটিকে উদ্ধার করা হয়। সেসময় মসজিদের মিহরাব এবং পশ্চিমদিকের দেয়ালের অস্তিত্ব ছিল। এক গম্বুজ বিশিষ্ট ছোট এই মসজিদটি সুলতানাত শৈলীতে নির্মাণ করা হয়েছিল। পরবর্তীতে এই মসজিদের স্থানেই একটি তিন গম্বুজ বিশিষ্ট আধুনিক মসজিদ নির্মাণ করা হয়।
আশরাফপুরের তাম্রফলকের অভিলিখন:
নরসিংদী জেলার শিবপুর উপজেলায় অবস্থিত আশরাফপুর গ্রামটি প্রত্নতাত্ত্বিক নিদর্শনের জন্য খুবই গুরুত্বপূর্ণ। ১১৮৫ সালে মিয়া বখশ খান নামের একজন গ্রামবাসী এখানে একটি মাটির স্তূপ থেকে ৭ শতকের দুটি তাম্রফলকের সন্ধান পান। তাম্রফলকের অভিলিখন থেকে জানা যায় খাডগা বংশের জনৈক দেবখাডগা এখানকার বৌদ্ধ সংঘ এবং বিহারকে কিছু জমি দান করেছিলেন। এখানে মাটি খনন করে কিছু প্রাচীন ইট এবং একটি ধ্বংসপ্রাপ্ত দেয়ালের অংশবিশেষও উদ্ধার করা হয়।
এই স্থানে আনুষ্ঠানিকভাবে খননকাজ করা না হলেও মানুষের বসতি নির্মাণের সময় কিছু খনন করার প্রয়োজন হয়েছিল। ইতিহাসবিদরা মনে করেন এখানে অবস্থিত বৌদ্ধ বিহারটি ছিল অত্র অঞ্চলে বৌদ্ধ ধর্ম চর্চা এবং শিক্ষার একটি কেন্দ্র।
{:}
)
[1] => Array
(
[name] => {:en}Parulia Mosque{:}{:bn}পারুলিয়া মসজিদ{:}
[post_id] => 4137
[post_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/bn/places/parulia-mosque/
[thumb_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/DSCN1052-300x225.jpg
[post_content] => {:en}
Parulia Mosque,According to a Persy inscription attached in the main gateway of the mosque; Bibi Jainab, a daughter of Nasir shah and wife of Diwan Sharif, built this mosque in 1126 AH/ 1714 AD. Internally,it is 18.29m in long, 5.18m wide and the wall of the mosque is 1.52m thick. Two lateral arches divided the interior of the mosque into three square sections. Three domes cover the roof of these three sections. The domes are crowned with lotus and kalasa finials. There are banded octagonal corner towers at four corners of the mosque. It was an exception that all the corner towers reached up to the cornice. In the Mughal style corner towers generally reach above the cornice.
There are five archways in the mosque, three at the eastern wall and one each at northern and southern walls. The central archway is bigger than the other four which are all in same size and shape. The upper portion of the outer side of the main gateway is under a half-domed roof and is recessed in a rectangular structure. Three mihrabs are at the western wall corresponding to the three archways of the eastern wall. All the mihrabs and the archways are stuck in rectangular structure, which are ornamented with merlons. There are arched niches on both sides of the mihrabs and archways. Archways and mihrabs are marked by their outward projection. Rectangular and square panels decoration are in both sides of the outer face of the archways.
The mosque was partially damaged by earthquakes in 1897 and was renovated later on. There is a square shaped open courtyard in front of the mosque, which is surrounded by a wall not very high. A beautiful gateway is in the eastern side of this wall.
There are two ponds at the northern and southern side of the Mosque which has increased the beauty of Mosque. And it makes the environment of Mosque Premises cool.
There is a one domed square tomb of Diwan Sharif and Bibi Jainab on the western side of the mosque. Every year at some particular month many people of cultural diversity have come here to celebrate a fair (Local term oros). They open so many itinerant shop of snacks and different kinds of toys. People come to pray and wish to have something (Spiritual) which is related with the well being of their life.
{:}{:bn}
নরসিংদী জেলার পলাশ উপজেলার পারুলিয়ায় এই মসজিদটি অবস্থিত। মসজিদের মূল ফটকে রক্ষিত একটি পারস্য শিলালিপি থেকে জানা যায় ১১২৬ হিজরী/১৭১৪ সালে জনৈক নাসির নামক ব্যাক্তির কন্যা এবং দিওয়ান শরীফ নামক ব্যাক্তির স্ত্রী বিবি জয়নাব এই মসজিদটি নির্মাণ করেন। মসজিদটির অভ্যন্তরের দৈর্ঘ্য ১৮.২৯ মিটার, প্রস্থ ৫.১৮ মিটার এবং মসজিদের দেয়ালের ঘনত্ব ১.৫২ মিটার। দুটি ধনুকআকৃতির সমান্তরাল পথের মাধ্যমে মসজিদের অভ্যন্তরকে তিনটি বর্গাকারভাগে ভাগ করা হয়েছে। প্রতিটি ভাগের উপরেই একটি করে গম্বুজ রয়েছে। প্রতিটি গম্বুজে নকশা ও অলংকার খোদাই করা আছে। ব্যাতিক্রম হিসেবে মসজিদের চারকোণায় অষ্টভুজ টাওয়ার রয়েছে যেগুলোর প্রতিটির উচ্চতা কার্নিশ পর্যন্ত। মুঘল স্থাপত্যশৈলীতে কোনার টাওয়ারগুলোর উচ্চতা সাধারণত কার্নিশকে ছাড়িয়ে যায়। মসজিদটির মোট পাঁচটি ধনুকআকৃতির ফটকের মধ্যে পূর্বদিকের দেয়ালে তিনটি, উত্তর ও দক্ষিন দিকের দেয়ালে একটি ফটক রয়েছে। মসজিদের মাঝখানের ফটকটি অন্যান্য ফটকের চেয়ে বড়। মসজিদের মূল ফটকের বাইরের দিকটি উপরিভাগ অর্ধগম্বুজ আকৃতির ছাদের নীচে অবস্থিত যেটি একটি আয়াতক্ষেত্রাকার কাঠামোর উপর নির্মাণ করা হয়েছে। অন্যান্য ফটকগুলো সামান্য নিচু আয়াতক্ষেত্রাকার কাঠামোর উপর নির্মাণ করা হয়েছে। মসজিদের পশ্চিমদিকের দেয়ালে পূর্বদিকের ফটকগুলো বরাবর তিনটি মিহরাব অবস্থিত। সবকটি মিহরাব এবং ধনুকআকৃতির ফটকগুলো অলংকারখচিত আয়াতক্ষেত্রাকার কাঠামোর উপর নির্মাণ করা হয়েছে। মিহরাব এবং ফটকের উভয়দিকেই ধনুকআকৃতির কোটর রয়েছে। ফটকগুলোর বাইরের অংশে বর্গাক্ষেত্রাকার এবং আয়াতক্ষেত্রাকার নকশা রয়েছে। ১৮৯৭ সালের ভুমিকম্পে মসজিদটি আংশিক ক্ষতিগ্রস্ত হলেও পরবর্তীতে মসজিদটি মেরামত করা হয়। মসজিদের সামনের বর্গাক্ষেত্রাকার আঙ্গিনাটি প্রাচীর দিয়ে ঘেরা। তবে প্রাচীরের উচ্চতা খুব বেশি নয় তবে প্রাচীরের পূর্বদিকেএকটি চমৎকার ফটক রয়েছে।পারুলিয়া মসজিদের উত্তর ও দক্ষিণদিকে অবস্থিত দুটি পুকুর মসজিদ অঙ্গনকে ঠাণ্ডা রাখার পাশাপাশি মসজিদের সৌন্দর্য বহুগুনে বৃদ্ধি করেছে।
মসজিদের পশ্চিমে দিওয়ান শরীফ এবং বিবি জয়নাবের এক গম্বুজবিশিষ্ট দরগা অবস্থিত। প্রতিবছর এখানে বছরের একটি নির্দিষ্ট মাসে মেলা (স্থানীয়ভাবে ওরশ বলা হয়) অনুষ্ঠিত হয় যেখানে বিভিন্ন সংস্কৃতির মানুষজন অংশ নিয়ে থাকে। এসময় এখানে বিভিন্ন খাবার ও খেলনা পাওয়া যায়। মানুষ এখানে এসে প্রার্থনা করে এবং নিজেদের জীবনের সমৃদ্ধির জন্য কিছু চেয়ে থাকে।
{:}
)
[2] => Array
(
[name] => Tagore Lodge
[post_id] => 22089
[post_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/bn/places/tagore-lodge/
[thumb_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/P_20151017_112341_1_p-300x169.jpg
[post_content] => In 1895, Rabindranath Tagore came to Kushtia main town to set up his business. At that time, common Hindu families tend to set up family businesses among the partnership of family members. Tagore patronized his family business and established a private company named "Tagore and Company". At that time
Millpara was the industrial and commercial area to run businesses. So he set up this duplex building as the office of his business named as Tagore Lodge. This building was elongated to the east-west. The main gateway is in the north. Iron made spiral staircase is in the west. At the beginning the business growth was significant. But later he failed to make revenue and gave up.
Now this building has renovated and newly painted by both the governments of Bangladesh and India. A metal made statue of Ravindranath Tagore has been placed there. But the building opens occasionally, when people comes here with reference or guest from government official invitation can visit this lodge.
)
[3] => Array
(
[name] => Charpatra Mura
[post_id] => 5158
[post_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/bn/places/charpatra-mura/
[thumb_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Charpatar-Mura-Source-Heritage-Bangladesh1-300x200.jpg
[post_content] =>
Charpatra Mura is a small but interesting archaeological site in Mainamati. It is situated in the northern part of the Lalmai ridge at about the center of the Comilla Cantonment area. A small Hindu shrine, 45.7m × 16.8m, was uncovered here. The shape and architectural design and decoration are unique; differing basically both from the Buddhist architecture of Mainamati and the traditional Hindu temple architecture of the Gupta or other Indian types. It appears to represent a synthetic Bengal type that has evolved gradually by assimilating certain elements and features of local Buddhist architecture.
The temple has two distinct parts, an open pillared hall in the badly damaged front part and a cell at the back in the west. The latter part was found less damaged and decayed, that is to say, better preserved and undisturbed. It could therefore be properly excavated and uncovered. The exterior of this cella or temple proper at the back shows a fantastically complex and variegated shape produced by a multiplicity of angles and corners resulting from a combination of symmetrical projections and offsets at lateral and vertical planes, maintaining, nevertheless, a delicate balance between exotic growth and basic strength and proportions of the original form and the traditional plan. The overall effect is highly pleasing.
A few very significant objects were discovered in this monument. These are a bronze relic casket and four copperplate grants - three of them issued by the last two kings of the chandra dynasty and the fourth by a Later-Deva king, all in favor of a Ladaha Madhava (Visnu) temple situated in devaparvata. One record identifies the locality as Pattikeraka. On the basis of our present knowledge and information, it may be stated with absolute certainty that this new settlement was definitely located in the Lalmai -Mainamati area, and occupied a part or the whole of the old city of Devaparvata, and that the Ladaha Madhava temple of the inscriptions may reasonably be identified with the excavated Charpatra Mura temple.
The temple was probably reconstructed, if not originally built, by the Chandra King Shri-Ladahachandra (c 1000-1020 AD) who derived his name from that of the consecrated deity. Alternatively, the deity derived its name from that of the builder king who appears to have been especially devoted to him. This king issued two of the four grants found here. The appellation, Charpatra Mura, is related to the discovery of four copperplates.
Written by: M Harunur Rashid
)
)