Array
(
[0] => Array
(
[name] => {:en}Baliati Palace{:}{:bn}বালিয়াটি জমিদার বাড়ি{:}
[post_id] => 2507
[post_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/bn/places/baliati-palace/
[thumb_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Baliati-Palace-by-Tanvir-and-Asraful-Alam-300x225.jpg
[post_content] => {:en}
The great Baliati Palace (বালিয়াটি জমিদার বাড়ি) is located at the Saturia Upazila of Manikganj(সাটুরিয়া, মানিকগঞ্জ) district, in the village of Baliati. This historic building is about 200 years of old. A river named Gazikhali(গাজীখালী নদী) which is demised interim of the time, flowed at the northern side of the palace.
The palace is situated on a lush and sprawling premise, approximately 16000 square meter. There are possibly 200 rooms available inside the premise. Back side of the palace has a pond having four ghats(ঘাট). Other side of the pond has a series of sanitary lavatory.
The story starts more than hundred and fifty years ago when the Baliati Zamindars were still a force to be reckoned with in Bangladesh, situated about 35 miles northwest of Dhaka and 5 miles east of Manikgonj district headquarters. The palaces used to be also known as “Dosh-ani-Zaminder bari” due to inheritance of a portion of the main complex from Roy Chand by the well wishers of his first wife among the Zaminders. Kishorilal Roy Chowdhury and Roybahadur Harendra Kumer Roy Chowdhury realized soon enough the necessity of knowledge which compelled them to establish the Jagarnath College and K.L Jubily High school. The Baliati Zaminderbari originally consisted of five similar but separate blocks. The south façade of grand palace presents an attractive frontage of about 400 feet of the extant four blocks of the palace, the two central blocks are two-storied and the other two terminal ones are three-storied. The lofty encircling walls of the imposing Zaminderbari complex are punctuated by three superb gateways, identical in their architectural features. This remarkable complex has been acquired by the Bangladesh archeological department and has been given a new name “Baliati Palace” as a protected cultural property.In exploring the expressiveness of this marvelous structure with time, culture and mood, the attached twelve snaps tell the story by dividing it into three constituent parts. First part expresses the thematic preamble of time and prestige, and style. The second part sequentially put expedition of the underlying interior in the picture capturing architectural details, vista and shape and shadow. Last part tells the present story of the exterior in light of the surrounding at present. In short, the justification of making this sequential development to bring the whole story inside out from it’s behind theme to the present.
{:}{:bn}
রাজধানী ঢাকা থেকে প্রায় ৩৫ মাইল উত্তরপশ্চিমে এবং মানিকগঞ্জ জেলা সদর থেকে ৫ মাইল পূর্বে সাটুরিয়া উপজেলায় বিখ্যাত বালিয়াটি জমিদার বাড়ি অবস্থিত। বালিয়াটি গ্রামে অবস্থিত এই প্রত্নতাত্ত্বিক নিদর্শনটি প্রায় ২০০ বছর পুরাতন। এই জমিদারবাড়িটির উত্তরে একসময় গাজীখালী নদী প্রবাহিত হত। ১৬০০০ বর্গমিটার আয়তনের বিশাল এই জমিদারবাড়িটিতে প্রায় ২০০টি কক্ষ রয়েছে। জমিদারবাড়ির পেছনে অবস্থিত পুকুরের এক প্রান্তে চারটি ঘাট আছে এবং অপর প্রান্তে বেশকিছু শৌচাগার রয়েছে।
জমিদারবাড়ির একটি অংশ রায় চাঁদের কাছ থেকে অন্যান্য জমিদারদের প্রথম স্ত্রীদের উত্তরাধিকার সূত্রে প্রাপ্তির কারনে এই প্রাসাদটি ‘দশ-আনি-জমিদারবাড়ি’ নামে পরিচিত ছিল। জমিদার কিশোরিলাল চৌধুরী এবং রায়বাহাদুর হরেন্দ্র কুমার রায় চৌধুরী এই অঞ্চলের মানুষের মধ্যে জ্ঞান বৃদ্ধির প্রয়োজনীয়তা উপলব্ধি করেন এবং এই কারনে জগন্নাথ কলেজ এবং কে এল জুবিলী হাইস্কুল প্রতিষ্ঠা করেন। মূল জমিদারবাড়িতে পাঁচটি একই রকম কিন্তু ভিন্ন ভাগ ছিল। জমিদারবাড়ির দক্ষিনে বর্তমানে স্থায়ী ৪টি আকর্ষণীয় অংশ অবস্থিত। এগুলোর মধ্যে মাঝের দুটি অংশ হল দোতলা এবং পাশের বাকি তিনটি অংশ তিনতলা। জমিদারবাড়িকে ঘিরে থাকা সুউচ্চ প্রাচীরে তিনটি চমৎকার স্থাপত্যশৈলীর ফটক রয়েছে। বর্তমানে ‘বালিয়াতি প্রাসাদ’ নামকরণ করে বাংলাদেশ প্রত্নতত্ত্ব অধিদফতর এই জমিদারবাড়িটির অধিগ্রহন করে দেখাশোনা করছে। সময় এবং সংস্কৃতির সাথে সামঞ্জস্য রেখে জমিদারবাড়িটিকে তিনভাগে ভাগ করা হয়েছে বারোটি অধ্যায়ের মাধ্যমে। প্রথমভাগে সময়, শৈলী এবং ঐতিহ্যকে তুলে ধরা হয়েছে। দ্বিতীয়ভাগে জমিদারবাড়ির স্থাপত্যশৈলীর বিস্তারিত বিবরন ক্রমঅনুযায়ী বর্ণনা করা হয়েছে। শেষভাগে বর্তমান প্রেক্ষাপটে জমিদারবাড়ির গুরুত্বকে ফুটিয়ে তোলা হয়েছে। এক কথায় বলা যায় প্রথম থেকে বর্তমান পর্যন্ত এই জমিদারবাড়ির ইতিহাস চমৎকারভাবে ক্রমঅনুযায়ী বর্ণনা করা হয়েছে।
{:}
)
[1] => Array
(
[name] => R N Saha House
[post_id] => 10279
[post_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/bn/places/r-n-saha-house/
[thumb_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/414-300x169.jpg
[post_content] =>
R N Saha House is located at Nawabganj, which is now owned by a local businessman, under renovation. This house is situated just beside the river Isamati. The name of the house is named after a rich Merchant named Radha Nath Saha. It is believed that, this place will be turned into a tourist attractive spot very soon.
Sree Dulal Chandra Saha owned this palatial house, informed that the house was built in the middle of 1825 to 1850 at the time of Late Nagendra Chandra Saha (a Merchant).This house was built by Nabo Kumar Saha, father of Nagendra Kumar Saha. This family was a Merchant Family, Trading was their main business. They have established more business center in Kolkata, Madangonj, Barisal, Serpur and Murshidabad.
The merchants of this Palatial house once maintained family relation with many elite Zamindar familys of undivided India, i.e Baliaty, Nagarpur, Chadda rashi, Vaggo kul and Mr.R.P.Saha.
)
[2] => Array
(
[name] => Raja Viratnagar
[post_id] => 4446
[post_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/bn/places/raja-biratnagar/
[thumb_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/DSC08731-Copy-300x225.jpg
[post_content] =>
Raja Viratnagar (রাজা বিরাটনগর) palace is the most valuable historical place of Gaibandha. Raja Virat and Panchopandob (পঞ্চপাণ্ডব) whose name are seen in the play Mahabharat. In 1960, Major Sherwill mentioned this as a “Brad Rajar Ghar”. Once upon a time, there was a huge fort in this place.
Great historian Rakhaldas Bondopaddhay (রাখালদাস বন্দ্যোপাধ্যায়) published a report in 1925-26 where he mentioned five bronze sculptures and 4-5 mound which were discovered in during the year 1910. Raja Virat had a huge barns (গোশালা) and about 60000 cows were about. The two younger brother of Panchapandob, namely Nakul (নকুল) and Shodeb (সহদেব), had the responsibility to take care of that barns. For that reason, the word Gaibandha came from the word barns.
)
[3] => Array
(
[name] => Pal Bari
[post_id] => 8538
[post_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/bn/places/pal-bari/
[thumb_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/PB-2-300x225.jpg
[post_content] =>
Pal Bari (পাল বাড়ি) is one of the renowned historical places in Munshiganj. According to the current inhabitants of the Pal House at Abdullahpur, Kamini Pal and Dwarkanath Pal, the eldest two sons of Tokani Prasad Pal, possibly one of the richest business persons of Bikrampur, established this house around the end of the 19th century.
They added a few more blocks to the house over the years, but lived within the compounds of their father's house, several miles away.
During the liberation war, many of their family members were brutally tortured and killed, prompting the entire clan to leave for Kolkata,India. A few years later Dwarkanath returned, to wind up his businesses here. Dwarkanath Pal, therefore chose to spend his last few years at this house. He decided to stay back in Munshiganj, but could not live in his own house. Many others had occupied most of that property.
)
)