Array
(
[0] => Array
(
[name] => Tengor Shahi Jame Mosque
[post_id] => 8140
[post_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/places/tengor-shahi-jame-mosque/
[thumb_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/P_20150520_173352-169x300.jpg
[post_content] =>
Tengor Shahi Jame Mosque is a single-domed square shaped mosque and built entirely of brick.Through the analysis of An Arabic inscription, originally fixed over the central archway of eastern wall, can now be found fixed to an enclosure wall of a nearby newly built mosque, locally known as Pashchimpada masjid (mosque). According to the inscription, the Rikabi Bazar Mosque was built by one Malik Abdullah Miah, son of Amin Khan Fakir Miah, in 1569 AD during the reign of Sultan sulaiman karrani.
The walls of this mosque are about 2.13m thick.There were four corner-towers in the four exterior angles of the building, but these were removed at the time of renovation work. The mosque has five arched-doorways, three in the east and one each on the north and south sides. The north and south doors are now used as windows. All the arches are of the two-centered pointed variety. The central archway in the east is bigger than the flanking ones. Corresponding to the three eastern archways there are three renovated semi-circular mihrabs inside the qibla wall that are set within rectangular frames. Like the central doorway, the central mihrab is bigger than its flanking counterparts. The north and south walls have two alcoves on either side of the archway. The square prayer hall of the mosque is covered with a large brick shouldered dome, which rests on the four blocked arches over the central mihrab and the three axial doorways springing from the brick pilasters, two inside each wall, in combination with Bengali pendentives and half-domed squinches on the upper angles.
Architectural Features: Architectural features of this mosque include massive walls, a large dome, two-centered pointed archways and a dome supported by blocked arches springing from brick pilanters in combination with pendentive and half-domed squinches. These are very feature similar to the Goaldi Mosque in sonargaon and baba saleh’s mosque in Bandar, both in narayanganj district
An octagonal drum can be seen externally in the lower part of the dome. The parapets and the inner side of the dome is decorated with rows of blind merlons, and each rectangular frame of the three mihrabs is crowned by a frieze of blind merlons. These are not original ornamentations. The outer walls of the mosque were once ornamented with terracotta plaques, but now these are all missing. The mosque is at present covered with cement plaster.
)
[1] => Array
(
[name] => {:en}Atiya Jame Masjid{:}{:bn}আতিয়া জামে মসজিদ{:}
[post_id] => 4502
[post_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/places/atia-jame-masjid/
[thumb_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Tangail_mosque-Atiya-by-maremagna1-300x225.jpg
[post_content] => {:en}
The photo of this iconic mosque used to be printed on the Ten Taka note of Bangladesh. Nowadays these notes are very rare and are available only at the banks or on in the collection of few people now a days. Atiya is a historical four century year old mosque located at the Delduar Thana of Tangail district. It was named by the village Atiya and the mosque is also known as Atiya Jame Masjid.
Atiya Jame Mashjid is approximately 6 kilometers from the Tangail town. A small river called Louhojong Nodi flows near the mosque which gives it a more aesthetic appeal. The mosque is around 18m by 12m, it has four spherical domes at the top, one is the larger, which is located at the west part of the mosque. Other three are smaller sized and located at the east side of the mosque. All three domes are in a single row. Seems like the bigger one is for the Imam, and other three are for Musalli (regular people). All the domes are decorated at the bottom part and having a small minaret like object at the top. The mosque has four pillars at the four corners and each of the pillars are stylish and decorated nicely.
The mosque has lovely terracotta at the outer side of east and the north side wall. Those are very simple with just few small flowers inside the circles. The mosque has three entrance at the east side, and two entrance at the north and south side each.
This mosque was built during 1610 by Muslim Jomidar Sayeed Khan Panni, son of Baizid Khan Panni. He also dug a large water tank at the western side of the mosque. Local says that the mosque was built for the honor of a saint Shah Baba Kashmiri.
The mosque was damaged during the massive earthquake of 1800. A reconstruction of the mosque was made in 1837. Also, during 1909 another reconstruction made by two Jamindar from Korotia and Delduar of Tangail jointly. Wazed Ali Khan Panni was from Korotia, and Abu Ahmed Guznavi Khan from Delduar.
{:}{:bn}
পুরাতন দশ টাকার নোটের ডানদিকে এই মসজিদটির ছবি রয়েছে। তবে আজকাল দশ টাকার পুরাতন নোটটি ব্যাঙ্কে পাওয়া যায় এবং মাঝে মাঝে মানুষের হাতে দেখা যায়। প্রায় চারশত বছর পুরাতন ঐতিহাসিক আতিয়া মসজিদ টাঙ্গাইল জেলার দেলদুয়ার থানায় অবস্থিত। আতিয়া গ্রামের সাথে মিল রেখে মসজিদের নামকরণ করা হয়েছে।
টাঙ্গাইল শহর থেকে প্রায় ৬ কিলোমিটার দূরে লৌহজং নামে একটি ছোট নদী মসজিদের কাছ দিয়ে বয়ে গিয়েছে। মসজিদটির দৈর্ঘ্য ১৮ মিটার এবং প্রস্থ ১২ মিটার। আতিয়া মসজিদে চারটি গো্লাকারের গম্বুজ রয়েছে যেগুলোর মধ্যে বড় গম্বুজটি মসজিদের পশ্চিম অংশে অবস্থিত। বাকি তিনটি গম্বুজ আকারে ছোট এবং মসজিদের পূর্বদিকে একই সারিতে অবস্থিত। গম্বুজগুলো দেখে মনে হয় যেনো বড় গম্বুজটি হল ইমাম এবং বাকি গম্বুজগুলো হল মুসল্লি। গম্বুজগুলোর নীচের অংশে নকশার কাজ রয়েছে এবং উপরে ছোট মিনারের মত বস্তু রয়েছে। মসজিদের চারকোণায় চারটি চমৎকার নকশা করা পিলার রয়েছে।
আতিয়া মসজিদের পূর্ব এবং উত্তর দিকের বাইরের দেয়ালে টেরাকোটার উপর চমৎকার বৃত্তের মাঝে ছোট ফুলের নকশার কাজ রয়েছে। মসজিদের পূর্বদিকে তিনটি, উত্তর ও দক্ষিন দিকে দুটি করে প্রবেশপথ রয়েছে।
১৬১০ সালে বাইজিদ খান পন্নীর পুত্র মুসলিম জমিদার সাইদ খান পন্নী এই মসজিদটি নির্মাণ করেছিলেন। তিনি মসজিদের পশ্চিমদিকে একটি বড় পানির ট্যাংক খনন করেছিলেন। স্থানীয়রা বলে থাকেন সাধক শাহ বাবা কাশ্মীরির সম্মানে এই আতিয়া মসজিদটি নির্মাণ করা হয়।
১৮০০ সালের প্রচণ্ড ভুমিকম্পে আতিয়া মসজিদ ক্ষতিগ্রস্ত হয় এবং ১৮৩৭ সালে মসজিদটি পুনঃ নির্মাণ করা হয়। এছাড়া ১৯০৯ সালে টাঙ্গাইলের করটিয়ার জমিদার ওয়াজেদ আলী খান পন্নী ও দেলদুয়ারের জমিদার আবু আহমেদ গজনবী খান যৌথভাবে মসজিদটি পুনঃ নির্মাণ করেন।
{:}
)
[2] => Array
(
[name] => Khanjan Dighi Mosque
[post_id] => 3604
[post_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/places/khanjan-dighi-mosque/
[thumb_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Khanjan-dighi-mosque-1-300x225.jpg
[post_content] => Khanjan Dighi Mosque is located at the south of Dasbari mosque, where Ballal Sen excavated a Dighi. Against the southern fringe by going a bit north we can see remnants of Khanjan Dighi mosque. It is also known as Khoniya Dighi mosque to many. Many also know it as Rajbibi Mosque. The mosque has been inside the jungle for a long time. The loss of forest makes the mosque visible to human eye. By seeing its architecture it is assumed that it was built in the 15
th century.
)
[3] => Array
(
[name] => {:en}Sadi Mosque{:}{:bn}সাদী মসজিদ{:}
[post_id] => 5092
[post_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/places/sadi-mosque/
[thumb_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Sadi-Mosque-300x225.jpg
[post_content] => {:en}
Among many of the structures of Egarosindur, Sadi Mosque is one of the best-conserved monuments in the country. A pertain inscription tablet, fixed over the central mihrab, record that the mosque was built in 1062 AH (1652 AD) by one Sadi, son of Shaikh Shiroo, during the reign of Shahjahan.
Measuring 25 ft. a side, the single-domed square mosque was built on a raised piece of land. There are three arched entrances in the east, and one each in the middle of the north and the south sides. The central archway, which is larger, is set within a slightly projected rectangular frame, but the flanking archways are contained within slightly recessed rectangle. The Qibla wall is recessed with three semi-octagonal mihrabs, which correspond to the three eastern doorways. The mosque represents a happy blending of Mughal elements with the Sultanate architectural traits characteristic of Bengal.
Sadi Mosjid (সাদী মসজিদ) which is around half a kilometer apart from there, on your way by passing beside the Egarosindur (এগারোসিন্দুর) Fort (though nothing is remaining now a days). Sadi Mosque (সাদী মসজিদ) is a single domed mosque similar to the Shah Mahmud Mosque. A large dome is at the top of the mosque which almost cover the whole roof. The dome is quite large and bulbous. Also, the structure is quite difficult in nature and can easily be distinguished from others.
The mosque has decorative terracotta at the outer side and the inner side of the mosque. Sadi mosque (সাদী মসজিদ) was built by someone named Sadi (সাদী) who was the son of Shaikh Shiru (শাইখ শিরু). It was during 1652, the regime of Shahjahan (শাহজাহান).
{:}{:bn}
সাদী মসজিদকে বলা যায় দেশের অন্যতম শ্রেষ্ঠ সংরক্ষিত স্থাপনার একটি। মসজিদের কেন্দ্রস্থলের মিহরাবের উপর স্থাপিত শিলালিপি থেকে জানা যায় যে ১০৬২ হিজরী (১৬৫২ সালে) সম্রাট শাহজাহানের শাসনামলে জনৈক শাইখ শিরুর পুত্র সাদী এই মসজিদটি নির্মাণ করেছিলেন।
একটি গোলাকার গম্বুজবিশিষ্ট বর্গাক্ষেত্রাকার এই মসজিদটি উঁচু জমির উপর নির্মাণ করা হয়। প্রতি বাহু ২৫ ফুট দৈর্ঘ্যর এই মসজিদটির পূর্বে তিনটি, উত্তরদিকে মাঝ বরাবর একটি এবং দক্ষিন দিকে একটি ধনুকআকারের ফটক রয়েছে। মসজিদের মাঝখানের বড় ফটকটি একটি আয়াতক্ষেত্রাকার কাঠামোর উপর নির্মাণ করা হলেও অন্যান্য ফটকগুলো সামান্য নিচু আয়াতক্ষেত্রাকার কাঠামোর উপর নির্মাণ করা হয়েছে। মসজিদের কিবলার দেয়ালে পূর্বদিকের দরজা ফটকগুলো বরাবর তিনটি অর্ধ অষ্টভুজাকার মিহরাব রয়েছে। মসজিদের নির্মাণশৈলীতে মুঘল এবং সুলতানি আমলের স্থাপত্যশৈলীর চমৎকার মিশ্রণ লক্ষ্য করা যায় আর এজন্যই অন্যান্য স্থাপত্য থেকে খুব সহজেই এই মসজিদটিকে আলাদা করা যায়। মসজিদের ভেতরে ও বাইরে টেরাকোটার কাজ রয়েছে।
{:}
)
)