Array
(
[0] => Array
(
[name] => Teota Zamindar Palace
[post_id] => 13757
[post_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/bn/places/teota-zamindar-palace/
[thumb_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Teota-Zamindar-Palace-2-300x225.jpg
[post_content] =>
Teota Zamindar Palace (তেওতা জমিদার বাড়ী) is located at the Shibalaya (শিবালায়া) Upazila of Manikganj District. This palace is locally known as Teota Rajbari (তেওতা রাজবাড়ি) and Teota Zamindar Bari (তেওতা জমিদার বাড়ী). This palace is possibly over 300 years old. This old dilapidated palace was the home of two brothers named Babu Hemsankar Ray ( বাবু হেমসংকর রায়) and Babu Joy Sankar Ray (বাবু জয় সংকর রায়) who were the ruler of Teota. The whole premise has over 50 rooms. Currently those are occupied by the homeless people.
At the Western side of the building, there is a large pond and beside the pond a temple is located named as Noborotno Temple (নবরত্ন মন্দির). The temple is a four storied building having a glorious example of classical architecture.
The whole palace is situated just beside the bank of mighty river Jamuna. After a few miles from the palace premise, the river merged with another big river, Padma. The palace is a two storied building and from the roof you can easily see the Jamuna river.
This palace is the birth place of Promila Debi (প্রমীলা দেবী), the wife of our national poet Kazi Nazrul Islam (নজরুল ইসলাম). Poet first saw her in this palace when he came here to visit Promila's cousin-Dhiren Sen (ধীরেন সেন).
)
[1] => Array
(
[name] => {:en}Mahisantosh{:}{:bn}মহীসন্তোষ{:}
[post_id] => 5807
[post_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/bn/places/mahisantosh/
[thumb_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/offroadbangladeshlogo2-300x178.png
[post_content] => {:en}
Mahisantosh an important center of administration and learning in the medieval period. Present Mahiganj and Santosh under Patnitala in Naogaon district were known as Mahisantosh. There is a legend that a darvesh (saint) came to the place on the back of a fish and hence the name. There is also a tradition that the place was named after mahipala I (c 995-1043 AD). The general plan of the site and the discovery of some military weapons, particularly a gun and some swords, now on display at the varendra research museum, indicate that it was a fortified military outpost with ditches and ramparts and sprang up long before the coming of the Muslims. The discovery of an inscription in a mihrab with the inscribed images of Visnu and Surya on the reverse testify that Mahisantosh existed as an important centre before it was made the headquarters of a Sarkar by the Muslims.
The place emerged, in the mid thirteenth century, as a seat of learning. Shaikh Yahiya Maneri is reported to have received his education there under the guidance of the celebrated Shaikh Taqiuddin. Persian sources tend to suggest that this place became a repository for the saints of the Suhrawardi Order. It became a mint town in 1459 during the reign of Ruknuddin Barbak shah (1459-1474) and was renamed Barbakabad after the sultan. The construction of a good number of mosques during the Sultanate indicates that the town had been flourishing with a considerable number of Muslim populations. It continued to be a mint town up to 1521. Barbakabad occurs as a Sarkar and a city in the Ain-I-Akbari. As an urban centre it might have lost its importance towards the close of the sixteenth century. From the seventeenth century it ceases to be mentioned as a place of note.
The extensive area, now in ruins, is covered with thick jungle. There are 4 or 5 mosques, a tomb of Muhammad Shiran Khalji and two tombs of saints, all in ruins. The tomb of Shiran, mentioned in Tabaqat-I-Nasiri, is now unrecognizable in the scattered ruins of some brick structures, compounds, a tank, and a walled garh.
Written by: Md Akhtaruzzaman
{:}{:bn}
মহীসন্তোষ নওগাঁ জেলা সদর থেকে প্রায় ৬২ কিলোমিটার দূরে অবস্থিত। রুকুনউদ্দিন বাবর শাহর শাসনকালে এটি প্রধান শহর ছিল। এখানে একটি প্রাচীন মসজিদ আছে এবং রাজিপুরের অবশিষ্ট এখানে দৃশ্যমান।
{:}
)
[2] => Array
(
[name] => Panam Rajbari
[post_id] => 11576
[post_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/bn/places/panam-rajbari/
[thumb_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/SAM_01811-240x300.jpg
[post_content] =>
Poddar bari, or according to the local people, the "Panam Rajbari". This is a bit eastern side to the panam city. If someone wants to visit the place, then there is no way except passing through the panam city. This is currently a private property, and there is a picnic spot inside the boundary of the place. The owner of the place used to live at the newly built building beside the old one. But the old one is still empty.
After getting permission you can easily enter the area. Its not known when the building was actually built. But from the structure, and the design, it appears that it was built by some rich merchant during the 1900 AD. The structure and the design is almost identical to the Sonargaon Folk art and craft Museum. Inside the building, the yard is identical to the museum building of sonargaon.
The building comprises of numerous number of rooms. And interestingly you can move from one room to another one easily. There is no window at the rooms, and also no doors, most of those are taken down, or stolen, or something else. Since its a bit darker inside the building, its a hideout for the bats. When camera flashed, we have seen several bats were flying and making noisy sound. Also there nest of other birds which are making continuum sound, but we bet you won't feel bored by those. Those are really nice to hear. So if you are at sonargaon, please don't leave the place by only visiting the panam city. It will worth if you visit the place.
)
[3] => Array
(
[name] => Jora Kali Temple of Muktagacha
[post_id] => 22247
[post_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/bn/places/jora-kali-temple-muktagacha/
[thumb_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/P_20151014_134059_1_p-169x300.jpg
[post_content] => Sri Sri Anondomoyi (শ্রী শ্রী আনন্দময়ী) Kali temple is located at the nucleus of Muktagacha Upazila. This temple is dedicated to Nirmola Debi (নির্মলা দেবী), Mother of Maharaja Shoshikanto Acharya (শশীকান্ত আচার্য). A traveler may get confused by the name of this temple as it comes with different words in websites and it's place. In websites, it is known as Sri Sri Anondomoyi (শ্রী শ্রী আনন্দময়ী) Kali temple where as in place, it’s named as Sri Sri Shiva Moheshwar (শ্রী শ্রী শিব মহেশ্বর) Temple and locally it is known as Jora kali Temple of Muktagacha.
Whatsoever the name is, ORB Team came to know from different places and later visited this attraction physically to reveal it's history. It was established in the year 1820 by the patronize of Shoshikanto Acharya (one of the great Zamindars of Muktagacha). Basically this two adjacent temple is a great example of mirror structure in Bengal. It has three arch shaped doorways at the front side. From the surface level, it is almost 1o meter high with so many decoration in its wall. The structural design of this temple is look like the other Moth (মঠ) structure in Bengal.
There is a large pond in the temple premises and it was dug at the time of establishment. Maharaja Shoshikanto Acharya donated his many assets for the daily expenses of worshipping in the temple. Among those lands significant areas are in Muktagacha Upazila, Gabtoli and Khamar Bazar area. Though none of those assets now owned by the temple.
)
)