Array
(
[0] => Array
(
[name] => Baparipara Shahi Mosque
[post_id] => 6310
[post_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/bn/places/baparipara-shahi-masjid/
[thumb_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Baparipara-Shahi-Masjid-300x200-300x200.jpg
[post_content] =>
Baparipara Shahi Mosque is located at 1 km distance from Rajarhat Upazila of Kurigram district. The Mosque length is 32 feet and width is 10 feet. It is surrounded by 3 ft high wall. There are 3 door, 1 decorated gate, 2 tower and 4 high tower situated on the four corner of the Mosque. On the center of the roof, there are three big domes. There are no inscription found about the Mosque. From its architectural sign, you can guess Baparipara Shahi Mosque is around 200 year old.
[This spot needs more detail. If you have more information and photos, please be advised to add in our website. Your name will be published as a Content Contributor]
)
[1] => Array
(
[name] => Nayabad Mosque
[post_id] => 1990
[post_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/bn/places/nayabad-mosque/
[thumb_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Nayabad-mosque1-300x211.png
[post_content] =>
Nayabad Mosque is located in the bank of the river Dhepa, just 1.5 km south-west of the infamous Kantaji Temple at Dinajpur in Bangladesh. The mosque is named after the village “Nayabad” in which it stands in the Police Station of Kaharole. According to an inscription found on the central doorway, it was constructed at 1793 AD in the reign of Mughal Emperor Shah Alam II. During that period, Raja Baidyanath, the last of the Dinajpur Royal family, was the Zaminder (feudal land owner).
Nayabad Mosque was erected at a time when the soil of Dinajpur had already been enriched with one of the most remarkable Navaratna temples, the Kantajew Temple in 1752 AD. The founding Royal family of Dinajpur was still prominent. According to local traditions, the mosque was built by Muslim architectural workers who had come to this place from the west to build Kantaji Temple. They had settled in Nayabad, a village near the temple, and had built the mosque for their own use. There is a grave of an unknown person in the premises of the mosque. Local people believe, this is the grave of Kalu Khan, the master architect of Kantaji Temple.
It is an oblong three-domed mosque with octagonal towers at the four corners. There are three arched entrances to enter the mosque. Among them, the central one is bigger than the flanking ones. These are equal in height and width. There is an arched window each on the south and north sides. Inside in the western wall there are three Mihrabs in line with the three entrances. The central Mihrab is bigger than the flanking ones which are of equal size. Three hemispherical domes cover the mosque, of which the central one is bigger than the side ones. Pendentives have been used in their phase of transition. The parapet and cornice are straight.
Terracotta plaques have been used in decoration of the mosque. At present there are about 104 terracotta plaques rectangular in shape, used in the surface decoration of the mosque walls. The platform of the mosque is enclosed by a low brick wall with only one access from the east. On either side of the mosque are to be seen a number of tombs each of found fixed over the central doorway of the mosque.
)
[2] => Array
(
[name] => Bandar Shahi Mosque
[post_id] => 10830
[post_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/bn/places/bandar-shahi-mosque/
[thumb_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Bondor-Shahi-Mosque-Narayanganj-021-225x300.jpg
[post_content] =>
Bandar Shahi Mosque (বন্দর শাহী মসজিদ ) is situated in the Bandar Municipal area. It was built in 1482 AD (886 AH) by Malik Al-Muazzam Baba Saleh, a high official under Sultan Jalaluddin Fateh Shah.
It is a square building measuring 6.20 meter a side in the interior and 9.70 meter in the exterior. It has four octagonal corner towers and a large hemispherical dome supported by two engaged black stone pillars embedded in each wall with square bases, capitals and octagonal shafts. The square inches which hold up the dome spring from the top of these pillars. The dome has a lotus and pitcher finial. The raising of the dome on a drum crowned with merlons seems to be part of Mughal renovations. There are three entrances in the east of which the central one is wider, measuring 2.20 meter high and 1.37 meter wide. The two other entrances each on the south and north sides are 2 meter high and 1 meter wide. The side entrances are of the same size as the front central one. Of the three semi-circular mihrabs, the central one is the largest and the northern mihrab is being used as a closet.
The mosque has been renovated and enlarged by verandas on the east, south and north sides. It is presently being used as a jami mosque.
)
[3] => Array
(
[name] => Belabo Bazar Mosque
[post_id] => 7930
[post_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/bn/places/belabo-bazar-mosque/
[thumb_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/241559351-300x225.jpg
[post_content] =>
Belabo Bazar Mosque,a grand mosque constructed with Tk 35 million, was inaugurated on 8th of November 2008. At least 12,000 people can say their prayers at a time at the mosque of 200 feet length and 125 feet width. Renowned industrialist of Narsingdi district Abdul Kadir Mollah carried the whole construction cost of the mosque.
The first founder and land owner of the Moque named 'Alhajj Mahmud Ali Bhuiyan' donated his land for building this Mosque. Who is known as 'Mamdi Bepari'. Later Abdul Kadir Mollah announced his grand donation on a public place in Belabo to build this Mosque as a Mega Structure. Local people feels proud to be the inhabitants of this Upazila. Many people from different direction come to visit this Mosque everyday.
)
)