Array
(
[0] => Array
(
[name] => Nawabganj Ansar Camp (Painna Bari & Teli Bari)
[post_id] => 10248
[post_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/bn/places/nawabganj-ansar-camp-painna-bari-teli-bari/
[thumb_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/1-300x169.jpg
[post_content] =>
Nawabganj is one of the prominent regions in Dhaka containing a large number of old buildings and Zamindar Bari, Amongst the archaeologically or historically famous buildings the most well-known ones are Hasnabad Church, Braja Niketon,the Baghmara Moth, the Bakshanagar Church and the residence of Khelaram.
But there are also several lesser known old buildings, mostly set up by merchants lived that region previous years, who were traders of various kinds of produces, including salt.
Over time, many of these buildings have fallen prey to locally influential land grabbers. Most of these buildings are in a state of ruins, desperately requiring due attention. Some buildings have been acquired by the Ansar & Village Defense Party (VDP), a paramilitary force of the government, and the authorities have renovated some of these structures and maintain them fairly well.
It includes the House of Harihar Ghosh, the Ansar Commandant’s current office which is now known as Nawabganj Ansar Camp (Painna Bari & Teli Bari), Loknath Saha’s House and a few more houses.
)
[1] => Array
(
[name] => {:en}One Dome Singair Mosque{:}{:bn}এক গম্বুজ সিঙ্গাইর মসজিদ{:}
[post_id] => 1544
[post_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/bn/places/one-dome-singair-mosque/
[thumb_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/singair-mosque-Bivash-Dutta-300x225.jpg
[post_content] => {:en}
One Dome Singair Mosque was built by Khan Jahan Ali and his followers in 15th-16th century. The mosque has a single square dome. The measure of each side is 39 feet 6 inches. The mosque is made of brick terracotta designs. Its single wide dome is heavily built. In the typical style of the Khan Jahan Ali, the dome topped with a cambered cornice, supported with thick walls.
The Singair Mosque is across the road from the Shait Gumbaz Mosque, Bagherhat on its southeastern side.Singair mosque is part of the mosque town of Bagherhat, built in the 15th and the 16th century by Khan Jahan Ali and his followers. The mosque is located 3 miles west of the Bagherhat town, opposite to the Shait gumbad mosque. The mosque is square, and has a single dome. Each side measures 39 feet 6 inches. The mosque is of red brick construction with terracotta designs. It has a single wide dome which is heavily built. In the typical style of the Khan Jahan Ali, the dome is supported on thick walls and topped with a cambered cornice.
{:}{:bn}
১৫শ এবং ১৬শ শতকে খান জাহান আলী (রঃ) এবং তাঁর অনুসারীরা এই মসজিদটি নির্মাণ করেন। এই মসজিদে বর্গক্ষেত্রাকার একটি গম্বুজ রয়েছে যেটির প্রতিটি বাহুর মাপ ৩৯ ফুট ৬ ইঞ্চি। ইটের তৈরি ও টেরাকোটার নকশা করা এই মসজিদের একমাত্র প্রশস্ত গম্বুজটি মজবুতভাবে নির্মাণ করা হয়েছে। খান জাহান আলী (রঃ) এর নিজস্ব শৈলী অনুযায়ী মসজিদের গম্বুজের দেয়াল বেশ পুরু এবং গম্বুজের উপর একটি কার্নিশ রয়েছে।
{:}
)
[2] => Array
(
[name] => Sonakanda Fort
[post_id] => 10801
[post_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/bn/places/sonakanda-fort/
[thumb_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/17662494639_eac4172f39_b1-300x200.jpg
[post_content] =>
Sonakanda Fort (সোনাকান্দা দুর্গ) a Mughal river-fort located on the eastern bank of the Shitalakshya (শীতলক্ষ্যা) at port area. A group of river forts, constructed by the Mughals, guarded the water routes to Dhaka and other places of strategic importance and the Sonakanda Fort is one of them. The fort, under the protection of the Department of Archaeology and Museums, has been restored and repaired several times. The defensive walls and the massive artillery platform are still in existence. It is quadrangular in plan,measuring 86.56 m × 57.0 m and surrounded by a 1.06 m thick brick-wall, 3.05 meter in height, with inner and intermediate bastions.
The wall is built solid at the bottom. There is a circular artillery platform with a staircase on the west side, which leads up to the raised artillery platform to be entered by a five-foil arched gateway. The artillery platform, meant for a big calibre cannon aiming at the attackers coming up the river, is a new feature of the Mughal river forts in Bengal.
The platform has two circles of which the inner is 15.70m and the outer is 19.35m in diameter respectively. It is 6.09m in height and surrounded by walls. The corner bastions on both sides of the western wing are wider than those of the eastern wing, which are 4.26m, while the two on the western wing are 6.85m in diameter. The fort has two main parts; one is a fortified rampart wall of enormous dimension, which has numerous wide and narrow loopholes. And the other part, the most important one, is a raised outwork on the western face. Excepting the artillery platform, there is no trace of any permanent structure within the fortification walls. All round, the walls are crowned by machicolated merlons, which are on average one metre high.
The fort is provided with a single entrance gate on the north. The arched gateway is placed within a rectangular frame and both the sides are decorated with several plastered panels. The lofty arch of the entrance gateway is of the four-centred variety. There are four corner bastions. Unlike the bastions of the forts at Hajiganj and Idrakpur the bastions of this fort are octagonal in plan.
The fort is not dated by any inscription. Though the construction of this fort is attributed to Mir Jumla, there is no evidence for this. On stylistic similarities with other Mughal river-forts in and around Dhaka it is datable to the mid-17th century.
)
[3] => Array
(
[name] => Shoshi Lodge ( Women Teachers Training College)
[post_id] => 22126
[post_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/bn/places/shoshi-lodge/
[thumb_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Shoshi-Lodge-4-300x169.jpg
[post_content] =>
Shoshi Lodge (শশী লজ) is located at the center of Mymensingh city which is also known as the Residential Palace of Moharaja Shoshi Kanto Acharya (মহারাজা শশীকান্ত আচার্য). This palace is very close to the river Brahmaputra which is being used as Women Teachers Training College from the year 1952.
According to the history, most of the rulers from Zamindar family have adopted babies in different era and those adopted child ruled the area later. For example Gourikanta(গৌরীকান্ত) was adopted by Roghunondon(রঘুনন্দন). Son of Gourikanta was Shashikanta(শশীকান্ত) and his wife adopted Surjokanta (সূর্য্যকান্ত) as she was childless. Later, Surjokanto became the prominent Zamindar of Mymensingh district. People used to call him as Moharaja(মহারাজা).
Moharaja Surjokanto Acharya was the Zamindar in Mymensingh region for long 41 years. During the reign of his Zamindari he did so many work for social welfare and made a remarkable change in infrastructural development.
He started to build an unique two storied building on an area of nine acre at the end of nineteenth century. Childless Zamindar Surjokanto named after this building in the name of his adopted son Shoshi Kanto Acharya. After completion of construction this building was extensively damaged by a destructive earth quake on the year 1897. Zamindar Surjokanto was immensely worried at this great loss.
Later Zamindar Shoshi Kanto Acharya re-built this building with many additional features in the year 1905 and did more renovation work in 1911. This unique classical architecture and its surrounding will certainly attract a traveler to explore this place recurrently.
)
)