Array
(
[0] => Array
(
[name] => Panam Bridge
[post_id] => 11590
[post_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/places/panam-bridge/
[thumb_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/120-300x169.jpg
[post_content] =>
Panam area is formed as a part of the Muslim metropolis, developed on the south of the old city, and perhaps constituted as the place of residence of the early Muslim governors'. After the Mughal conquest of Sonargaon (1611), the Panam area was connected with the ruling metropolis by construction of highways and bridges. Panam still possesses three brick bridges belonging to the Mughal period: Panam Bridge, Dalalpur Bridge and Panamnagar Bridge. The existence of these bridges and the canals enclosing the site on three sides is indicative of its being a suburban area of the medieval city.
Panam Bridge a fine old bridge constructed originally over a canal on a village road from Hajiganj to Baidyer Bazar, now located a little further to the east of Habibpur on a pucca road between Companyganj and Bari Majlis in Sonargaon. It was originally known as Companyganj ka Pul (কোম্পানিগঞ্জের পুল). The Bridge measuring about 53 meter in length and 5 metre in breadth consists of three arches, the middle arch being wider and higher providing easy passage of boats underneath. The steep roadway is formed of bricks circularly arranged. The architectural feature places the bridge to belong to the Mughal period (17th century).
)
[1] => Array
(
[name] => Judge Bari and Ukil Bari
[post_id] => 10277
[post_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/places/judge-bari-and-ukil-bari/
[thumb_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/110-300x169.jpg
[post_content] =>
Traveling Nawabganj without paying a visit to Judge Bari and Ukil Bari (জজ বাড়ি এবং উকিল বাড়ি) (formerly known as Brojo Kutir) is nearly incomplete trip. Originally it was built as the residence of a Zamindar over a century ago, the Brojo Niketan was acquired by a judge in 1984, and henceforth became known locally as the judge bari, the residence of the judge.
Next door to the judge bari, on a corner of a sprawling playground made famous by the sheer attendance of Mahatma Gandhi in 1940, is another Zamindar’s house, which has been acquired by a lawyer, and thus taken the new name Ukil Bari.
In a small shrine between these two old palatial houses, one will come across a statue whose head has been knocked down, allegedly by the Pakistan Army during our Liberation War in 1971, supposedly of Gautama Buddha.
A little inside the Ansar controlled areas, one would come across the Brojo Kutir - the older palace of the Zamindar, and yet another palatial house of Kokil Peyari. It has now turned into a local picnic spot.
)
[2] => Array
(
[name] => Radha Gobindo Temple
[post_id] => 8789
[post_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/places/radha-gobindo-temple/
[thumb_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/IMG_20150520_122959193_HDR1-300x169.jpg
[post_content] => Radha Gobindo temple (রাধা গোবিন্দ মন্দির) is one of the most ancient temples in Munshiganj. Local people are barely familiar with the name of this temple. Even the temple's land owner doesn't know the actual name of this temple. So, we had to make people understand the nature of this temple to find it out.
After finding the temple, we came to know that this temple is familiar with the name Binoy Shadhur Mandir (মন্দির) rather 'Radha Gobindo' temple.
It's to be mentioned that Binoy Shadhu is taking care of this temple for long 80 years. He said, he was 120 years old. He along with his Shadhu named 'Mongola Rani Das' discovered this temple.
It was very hard to find out the real time period of this temple. Interviewing local people and Binoy shadhu, we could assume that it might be a thousand year old temple, which is very near to destruction. A big banyan tree has grown through the middle of this temple.
Every Bengali year, people arrange a fair in the month of Chaitro (চৈত্র). Basically, Chaitro Shonkrantir Mela (চৈত্র সংক্রান্তির মেলা) is a common festival in Bangladesh. In this event, Binoy Shadhu used to show some magic which has a long time Spiritual recognition to the normal people around there.
)
[3] => Array
(
[name] => Pakutia Zamindar Bari
[post_id] => 8891
[post_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/places/pakutia-zamindar-bari/
[thumb_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Pakutia-Jomidar-Bari-011-300x225.jpg
[post_content] =>
Pakutia Zamindar Bari resides under the administration of Nagarpur of Tangail district. This Zamindar Bari complex comprises of three main buildings. Out of these three, one is much larger compared to other two’s. The larger one is using as a Degree college these days and also the college authority holds the ownership of other two edifices as well. But they have rented Pakutia Zamindar Bari to other organization.
Initially the Zamindari was established by the hand of Ramkrishna Shaha Mondol at the early of 19th century. He has two sons named Radha Gobinda and Brindaban Chandra. Radha Gobinda didn't have any children but Brindaban Chandra had three. They are Brojendro Mohon, Upendra Mohon and Jogendra Mohon. Childless Radha Gobinda adopted the second son of his brother and later gave his whole property to him.
These three brothers later built three separate buildings for them in 1915 (almost 100 years from now). Each of the buildings are having extreme artwork & design, stylish columns, and small statues. Each inches of the building is having a delicate design that impresses everyone even these days. Top of the building is having a lovely sculpture type architecture that is rich in design, concept, and artwork (more if I consider the building period) in this modern days. Apart from these, there are several large ponds located at the backyard of the building.
This Zamindar family was friendly towards the villagers. They have established a school during 1916 named as Brindaban Chandra Radha Gobinda School (in short B.C.R.G. School) for their father and uncle. They have left this country during the 1947 separation. Later in 1967, the government established B.C.R.G Degree College on these buildings to commemorate the friendly Zamindar family.
Apart from the Zamindar Bari, the premise now has a temple which probably used by the families who lived here. Also there is an open theater available that was used to arrange the local play or drama known as Jatra/Pala (যাত্রা/পালা).
)
)