=> Array
[name] => King Harish Chandra Mound Palace
[post_id] => 10403
[post_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/places/king-harish-chandra-mound-palace/
[thumb_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Raja-Harish-Chandra-Mound-Palace-1-300x169.jpg
Buddhist monastic remains have been found at least in three places in Savar. One of which is locally known as King Harish Chandra mound Palace in Majidpur (মজিদপুর) village to the east of the Savar Market bus-stop.
King Harish Chandra Mound Palace is a protected monument by the Department of Archaeology in Bangladesh. It Was protected on 22nd of November 1920, under ancient monument preservation act 1904 and acquired by the Government of Bangladesh in 23 December, 1925.
Excavation conducted here previously in 1925-26, traces of four structures along with some lintels of terracotta, Buddha images, and an inscribed Vishnu image were found. The evidence as a whole pointed to 7th-8th century AD. Excavations in the Rajbadi mound in 1989-90 revealed a square-shaped stupa enclosed by a wide wall. A silver 'Harikela' coin, a gold coin and a number of Buddhist bronze figures have been unearthed here. A date around 7th-8th century AD has been suggested for the remains.
Regular Archaeological excavation were conducted during several seasons from 1988 to 1997. As a result of those excavation It revealed a Stupa measuring 28m×28 on the north of the mound and an oblong monastic cells on the south of the mound. It appears two building and rebuilding phase on the both of exposed remains.
By Archaeological excavations Further to its east at Rajasan, another area had been discovered containing Buddhist remains.
 => Array
[name] => Niyogi House
[post_id] => 16728
[post_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/places/niyogi-house/
[thumb_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/niyogee-house-8-300x200.jpg
The Niyogi House (নিয়গি বাড়ি) is located at Pukur Para (পুকুর পাড়া) of Singair Upazila. It is a old house built by Ganesh Chandra Niyogi more than 100 years ago. The household comprises of three structures, the principal and largest one is in severe ruins. Not only has the entire roof fallen down, anything that once formed this roof has now disappeared. The large arched doors and windows including their frames too are not to be found anywhere. It had a spacious corridor running the length of the building inside.
Another large building, though too in a dilapidated state is currently being used as the hostel of the local college. The smallest structure that once served as the kitchen has been renovated and is currently being used as accommodation by the Head of the Department of Economics of the same institution. He was there to proudly show us around the premises.
Within the inner compound of the buildings, there is an old well, which shows more waste than water some fifteen feet below. Date inscribed there 1334 Falgun (ফালগুণ) on the wall of this well, declaring this to be at least 87 years old.
 => Array
[name] => Kansat Zamindar Bari
[post_id] => 3621
[post_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/places/kansat-zamindar-bari/
[thumb_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/offroadbangladeshlogo2-300x178.png
Kansat is an ancient village in Shibganj. The ancestors of the Zamider used to stay in a village called Koroi Jhakoir. Dossu sardar due to torture of Pandits moved to Muktogacha in Myemensingh. Later on they moved to Kansat. It is said that previously the king had a house known as Kongsohatta. From this area is known as Kansat.
[We need more detail information of this spot. If you have more information and photos, please be advised to add and share in our website. Your name will be published as a Content Contributor]
 => Array
[name] => Rocks Museum
[post_id] => 3097
[post_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/places/rocks-museum-2/
[thumb_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/ROCKS-MUSEUM2-300x183.jpg
The Panchagarh Rocks Museum is the first rocks museum of Bangladesh. It is located in Panchagarh Govt. Prof. Nazmul Haque, principal of Panchagarh Govt. Mohila College, established the rocks museum on March 1, 1997. The Rocks museum is separate into two galleries, external and internal. In the external gallery there has a vast number of rocks; and in the internal gallery, there are small stones of different ages.
Collection of Rocks: Petrified Wood and Fossilized Rocks, Granite, Quartzite Shell, Lime Stone, Sits, Hard Rock, Basalt, Silica, Nice, Clay-Rock etc. have been keep in the Rocks museum for display. These are almost 60 pieces of rocks from different age sized by 3-4 inches to 10 feet.
In the museum there are some other important collections. Two antiquarian boats which built with only one truck of tree and about 500 to 1000 years ago and Multicolored sand and earth, petrified 'shall wood' and net, very old pictured bamboo fearing, different type antics, very old writings.