Temple of Motto or Motter Moth (মত্তের মঠ) is located at the village Motto (মত্ত) of Manikganj Sadar Upazila. It is situated at the eastern side of Manikganj (মানিকগঞ্জ) town.
This Moth is about 50-60 feet tall, looks like a Shiva temple. Currently this Moth is abandoned, located beside a pond. A new temple is built near the old one. It is not sure who built that moth or its actual time period.
People says that a prominent Zamindar Ram Krishna Sen (জমিদার রামকৃষ্ণ সেন) lived at Motto Village. Possibly he could built this temple. From the close observation, it is assumed that this Moth could be around 100 years of old, or may be less.
If you take a rickshaw from Manikganj Bazar Bus Stand, then it will take you around 20 minutes to reach there for 30-35 taka fare. If rickshaw puller couldn’t trace it , you better tell him to bring you at Motto High School
There are many bus services start from Gabtoli and Gulistan to any places in Manikganj. Those are for example, BRTC Bus Service, Shuvojatra Bus Service, Padma Line etc. The fare is 40/-
Aricha Launch Ghat, Manikganj to pabna/kajirhat. Fare is 35/-
From Paturia to Rajbari. fare is 30/-
1. Manikganj residential boarding (Private)
208, Shahid Rafique Road, Manikganj, Bangladesh
Room and bed number:
singel- 16, Double- 10
2. Nobin Residential Boarding (Private)
Manikganj basstand, Beside Nobin cinema hall, Manikganj, Bangladesh
Room and bed number:
singel- 15, Double- 7
3. District Council Board house (Government)
Beside Shahid Miraj Tapan Stadium, Manikganj, Bangladesh
All around the temple area there is a real view of village. So you won’t get bored during traveling there. A large canal awaiting for your visit which is totally filled with water during the rainy season.
There are restaurants nearby to check on at the Bus Stop.
Panam Nagar (পানাম নগর), ancient Painam, a locality now in Sonargaon upazila of Narayanganj district. It is about 2.5 kilometre to the north of Dhaka-Chittagong highway at Mograpara point. It is said to have been the site of Hindu capital city of Sonargaon emerging in the seventh decade of the thirteenth century. The Panam area formed part of the Muslim metropolis developed on the south of the old city, and perhaps constituted the place of residence of the early Muslim governors'. After the Mughal conquest of Sonargaon (1611) the Panam area was connected with the ruling metropolis by construction of highways and bridges. Panam still possesses three brick bridges belonging to the Mughal period: Panam Bridge, Dalalpur Bridge and Panamnagar Bridge.
The existence of these bridges, and the canals enclosing the site on three sides is indicative of its being a suburban area of the medieval city. The pucca road which leads from the Mograpara crossing on the Dhaka-Chittagong highway in the direction of Panam extending up to the Neel-Kuthi looks like a dividing line between medieval Sonargaon and the present Panamnagar, the only surviving relics of the Panam area. The Panam township stands on the east of this road opposite Aminpur, and a one-arched humped bridge leads from the same road over a narrow canal to the main street of Panamnagar.
In all probability the present Panamnagar grew as a by-product of the commercial activities of the english east india company and of the Permanent Settlement. The East India Company established their factory in Panam for the purchase of muslin and other cotton fabrics. The Company, for the purchase of muslin, used to distribute annually to the weavers from their factory in Panam as much as a lakh of rupees as dadni (dadni system advance), and it is estimated that there were then 1400 families of Hindu and Muslim weavers in and around Panam.
Sonargaon developed into a center of trade in cotton fabrics, chiefly English piece goods, during the colonial period, and thereby grew the new township of Panamnagar. A group of Hindu talukdars, who came into being from among the traders in the nineteenth century, chose this site for their residence. The existing brick buildings of Panamnagar, obviously the residence of the Hindu merchant-talukdars, can be dated back to early nineteenth, and the later ones to late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries. Panamnagar which developed in the nineteenth century, continued to flourish till the end of the Second World War.
Panamnagar, a unique township, stretched in a single street 5 meter wide on the average and 600 meter in length. All the buildings have the character of urban street front houses and are lined up on either side of this street which ends up at the Panam bazar. Fifty-two houses exist in dilapidated and disused condition having 31 in the north side of the street and 21 on the south. Panamnagar appears to be well protected by artificial canals all around. Two fairly wide canals run parallel to the street on its either side and joined by a narrow canal on the western side over which is the entrance bridge (Panamnagar Bridge). On the eastern side, the canal on the south swerves rightward and goes eastward crossing the north-south road that passes through the Panam bazar. The northern canal, the Pankhiraj Khal, runs eastward to meet the Meghna-Menikhali stream.)  => Array ( [name] => Ishwar Chandra High School [post_id] => 15702 [post_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/places/ishwar-chandra-high-school/ [thumb_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/I-C-high-School-3-300x188.jpg [post_content] =>
Ishwar Chandra High School (ঈশ্বর চন্দ্র উচ্চ বিদ্যালয়) is situated at Saturia Upazila of Manikganj District, very near to the Baliati Palace. This school was named after Ishwar Chandra Ray Chowdhury, one of the famous Zamindars in Baliati. According to the locals, this school was found by Horendra Kumar Ray in the year 1915-1916. From the history, it can be said that Horendra Kumar Ray was the Son of Ishwar Chandra Ray Chowdhury. Once, this school was named as Ishwar Chandra English High School, but in later time, the name has been changed.
It is said that Horendra Kumar Ray Chowdhury spent around fifty thousands taka at that time to build this ornamented & large school building. which was certainly a big amount to pay at that contemporary time. In recent time, this school has been conducted by a committee consisting of local people.)  => Array ( [name] => Pakutia Zamindar Bari [post_id] => 8891 [post_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/places/pakutia-zamindar-bari/ [thumb_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Pakutia-Jomidar-Bari-011-300x225.jpg [post_content] =>
Pakutia Zamindar Bari resides under the administration of Nagarpur of Tangail district. This Zamindar Bari complex comprises of three main buildings. Out of these three, one is much larger compared to other two’s. The larger one is using as a Degree college these days and also the college authority holds the ownership of other two edifices as well. But they have rented Pakutia Zamindar Bari to other organization.
Initially the Zamindari was established by the hand of Ramkrishna Shaha Mondol at the early of 19th century. He has two sons named Radha Gobinda and Brindaban Chandra. Radha Gobinda didn't have any children but Brindaban Chandra had three. They are Brojendro Mohon, Upendra Mohon and Jogendra Mohon. Childless Radha Gobinda adopted the second son of his brother and later gave his whole property to him.
These three brothers later built three separate buildings for them in 1915 (almost 100 years from now). Each of the buildings are having extreme artwork & design, stylish columns, and small statues. Each inches of the building is having a delicate design that impresses everyone even these days. Top of the building is having a lovely sculpture type architecture that is rich in design, concept, and artwork (more if I consider the building period) in this modern days. Apart from these, there are several large ponds located at the backyard of the building.
This Zamindar family was friendly towards the villagers. They have established a school during 1916 named as Brindaban Chandra Radha Gobinda School (in short B.C.R.G. School) for their father and uncle. They have left this country during the 1947 separation. Later in 1967, the government established B.C.R.G Degree College on these buildings to commemorate the friendly Zamindar family. Apart from the Zamindar Bari, the premise now has a temple which probably used by the families who lived here. Also there is an open theater available that was used to arrange the local play or drama known as Jatra/Pala (যাত্রা/পালা).) )
Questions, issues or concerns? I'd love to help you!