Array
(
[0] => Array
(
[name] => Tin Gombuj Mosque
[post_id] => 5823
[post_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/places/tin-gombuj-mosque/
[thumb_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/offroadbangladeshlogo2-300x178.png
[post_content] =>
This spot is located in Shibganj Upazila of Chapai Nawabganj district. Tin Gomguj mosque is a special attraction of the Mughal era. There are 3 entrances and 3 mihrabs inside the mosque. The architecture of the mosque is not much artistic. Locals pray in this mosque frequently.
)
[1] => Array
(
[name] => {:en}Ariphil Mosque{:}{:bn}আরিফিল মসজিদ{:}
[post_id] => 5376
[post_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/places/ariphil-mosque/
[thumb_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/13570208-300x225.jpg
[post_content] => {:en}
Ariphil mosque (early 16th century), located in Sarail Upazila, is next to Kālikachha in Brahmanbaria District. Ariphil mosque (আরিফিল মসজিদ) is named after a Saint named Shah Arif. It is a mosque having three domes. Not that much antiquities are left now a days after an extravagance painting. It is situated beside a large water tank locally named as Sagar dighi.
[If you have more information and photos, please be advised to add in our website. Your name will be published as an Content Author]
{:}{:bn}
প্রায় ১৬শ শতকের শুরুতে নির্মিত আরিফিল মসজিদটি ব্রাহ্মণবাড়িয়া জেলার সরাইল উপজেলার কালীকাচ্ছা নামক স্থান অতিক্রম করে সাগর দীঘি নামক একটি বিশাল পানির ট্যাঙ্কের পাশে অবস্থিত। শাহ আরিফ নামক এক সাধকের নামে নামকরণ করা এই মসজিদটিতে তিনটি গম্বুজ রয়েছে। মসজিদটিতে বহুবার রঙের কাজ করানোর কারনে এটির প্রাচীন বৈশিষ্ট্য আর অবশিষ্ট নেই।
{:}
)
[2] => Array
(
[name] => Atkandi Nilkuthi Mosque
[post_id] => 5674
[post_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/places/atkandi-nilkuthi-mosque-%e0%a6%86%e0%a6%9f%e0%a6%95%e0%a6%be%e0%a6%a8%e0%a7%8d%e0%a6%a6%e0%a6%bf-%e0%a6%a8%e0%a7%80%e0%a6%b2%e0%a6%95%e0%a7%81%e0%a6%a0%e0%a6%bf-%e0%a6%ae%e0%a6%b8%e0%a6%9c%e0%a6%bf/
[thumb_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/DSCN10841-300x225.jpg
[post_content] =>
Atkandi Nilkuthi Mosque (আটকান্দি নীলকুঠি মসজিদ ) is situated in the Atkandi village of Raypura upazila, Narsingdi. It was built by a man named ‘Alim Uddin’. Alim Uddin built this Mosque just beside the grave yard of his wife ‘Sadetunnesa’. To build this Mughal stylistic Mosque he brought some masons from far land Mohishur, India. Some even compare it with Tajmahal, given its architectural style and the emotions behind it.
Alim Uddin completed his education on Islamic religion from Deobond and later worked as Teacher in a madrasa, conducted by Khawaza Family in Dhaka. Later in 18th century, he built this Mosque, however the exact date of founding this Mosque could not be determined.
Architectural property and Layout :
It is a rectangular shaped Mosque. Which can be divided into three specific spatial context. We can exemplify it as below-
1. Inner zone
2. Exterior Corridor zone
3. Exterior Porch zone (under open sky)
Inner Zone of this Mosque contains three domes, and a Mihrab. Among these, three bulbous domes, among which the middle one is the biggest. The inner zone contains two entrances.
Exterior corridor zone of this mosque is elongated in north-south forming a rectangular shape. It contains five bulbous domes, which is smaller than other three. This zone also contains five entrances which are arch shaped and decorated with multi foiled design. In parapet it’s decorated with the Merlon design. In the base line of outer wall it’s decorated with a pitcher design.
Exterior porch zone of this mosque was built considering the large gathering which take place. It’s a square shaped plastered floor, with one feet high bordered wall all around the porch. It contains a main gateway to enter into the Mosque.
Public gathering in different occasion:
In different kind of public occasions, like in the eve of Eid-festivals and in common vacations people from different parts of the country come here to visit this place. On the southern part of this Mosque there is an old Ghat (in the edge of a river) which has stepped down to the branch of Meghna river. So far we know, it was built by G.P. Wize when this region was a place to plant indigo in a massive scale.
Present Condition and ruins of several unrevealed structure:
Present condition of this Mosque is not so consistent in a sense of building strength. It is in very sensitive condition, where it is randomly being used without any treatment of conservation & preservation. That’s why we can observe some deterioration in the brick building both in Exterior & interior part.
In the northern part of the Mosque there are some ruins of buried structure. Some outer portion of that buried structure is seem like spherical shape. Which demands more exploration and systematic archaeological excavation to reveal the history behind this region.
)
[3] => Array
(
[name] => {:en}Ashrafpur Mosque{:}{:bn}আশরাফপুর মসজিদ{:}
[post_id] => 4267
[post_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/places/ashrafpur-mosque/
[thumb_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/DSCN10881-300x225.jpg
[post_content] => {:en}Ashrafpur is an ancient village of Shibpur Upazila under Narsingdi district. In this village there was two seventh century’s copperplate inscription discovered. Ashrafpur Mosque is situated 1 kilometer south to the finding place of these copperplates. An inscribed stone of this Mosque,Once which was attached to the mosque and now preserved in the Bangladesh national museum, reveals that the mosque was built in 930 AH/ 1524 AD by Dilwar Khan during the reign of Sultan Nasiruddin Abul Muzaffar Nusrat Shah (1519-1532).
The mosque, ruined by the earthquake of 1897, was abandoned, prayer in it discontinued and in course of time it got shrouded by jungle. In 1940 the jungle was cleared and the mosque recovered under the leadership of Mowlana Syed Ali. Even at that time the Mihrab and a portion of the western wall was extant. It was a single domed small mosque built in the sultanate style. Later on, a three-domed modern mosque has been built on the same site where once stood the Sultani mosque.{:}{:bn}
আশরাফপুর গ্রামে যে স্থানে ৭ শতকের দুটো তাম্রফলক পাওয়া গিয়েছিল সেই স্থানের ১ কিলোমিটার দক্ষিনে আশরাফপুর মসজিদটি অবস্থিত। আশরাফপুর মসজিদের শিলালিপিটি বর্তমানে জাতীয় জাদুঘরে সংরক্ষিত আছে। শিলালিপি থেকে জানা যায় যে ৯৩০ হিজরী এবং ১৫২৪ খ্রিস্টাব্দে সুলতান নাসিরউদ্দিন আবুল মুজাফফর নুসরাত শাহ এর শাসনামলে (১৫১৯-১৫৩২) জনৈক দিলওয়ার খান এই মসজিদটি নির্মাণ করিয়েছিলেন।
১৮৯৭ সালের ভয়াবহ ভুমিকম্পে ক্ষতিগ্রস্থ হবার পর মসজিদটিকে পরিত্যাক্ত করা হয় এবং ধীরে ধীরে মসজিদটি জঙ্গলে ঢেকে যায়। ১৯৪০ সালে মওলানা সৈয়দ আলীর নেতৃত্বে জঙ্গল পরিষ্কারের পর মসজিদটিকে উদ্ধার করা হয়। সেসময় মসজিদের মিহরাব এবং পশ্চিমদিকের দেয়ালের অস্তিত্ব ছিল। এক গম্বুজ বিশিষ্ট ছোট এই মসজিদটি সুলতানাত শৈলীতে নির্মাণ করা হয়েছিল। পরবর্তীতে এই মসজিদের স্থানেই একটি তিন গম্বুজ বিশিষ্ট আধুনিক মসজিদ নির্মাণ করা হয়।
আশরাফপুরের তাম্রফলকের অভিলিখন:
নরসিংদী জেলার শিবপুর উপজেলায় অবস্থিত আশরাফপুর গ্রামটি প্রত্নতাত্ত্বিক নিদর্শনের জন্য খুবই গুরুত্বপূর্ণ। ১১৮৫ সালে মিয়া বখশ খান নামের একজন গ্রামবাসী এখানে একটি মাটির স্তূপ থেকে ৭ শতকের দুটি তাম্রফলকের সন্ধান পান। তাম্রফলকের অভিলিখন থেকে জানা যায় খাডগা বংশের জনৈক দেবখাডগা এখানকার বৌদ্ধ সংঘ এবং বিহারকে কিছু জমি দান করেছিলেন। এখানে মাটি খনন করে কিছু প্রাচীন ইট এবং একটি ধ্বংসপ্রাপ্ত দেয়ালের অংশবিশেষও উদ্ধার করা হয়।
এই স্থানে আনুষ্ঠানিকভাবে খননকাজ করা না হলেও মানুষের বসতি নির্মাণের সময় কিছু খনন করার প্রয়োজন হয়েছিল। ইতিহাসবিদরা মনে করেন এখানে অবস্থিত বৌদ্ধ বিহারটি ছিল অত্র অঞ্চলে বৌদ্ধ ধর্ম চর্চা এবং শিক্ষার একটি কেন্দ্র।
{:}
)
)