Horipur Boro Bari, also known as Horipur Zamindar Bari is a mammoth mansion that is located at the Horipur village of Nasirnagar Upazila of Brahmanbaria district. This is exactly adjacent to the bank of the river Titash. From outside it’s hard to get any essence of its antiquity and beauty. This is a capacious mansion having plenty of rooms at the both floor.
From the inscription from a Moth near the area it is found that the owner was Zamindar Krishna Prasad Ray Choudhury (জমিদার কৃষ্ণ প্রসাদ রায় চৌধুরী) who built that around 1343 of Bengali Calendar. At the front side it has a Ghat for taking bath (also may be for taking part in a family gossip during after noon).
Right now, the situation of the building is not good. This is now occupied by lot of poor families (Hindu people from their dress up and religious practice). Due to lack of care, most of the walls are decaying. It’s a two stored building and few portion of the second floor is risky. But still people are living at the ground floor.
The mammoth size, stylish architecture, etc simply implies that how sumptuous the owner was. Though most of the parts are diminished but still there is a portion of a Pasha Ghor exists at the second floor. Probably the owner used to play Pasha with his mates. May be it was a dance floor where the rich Baijee (Dictionary: Dancer) used to perform every night.
Since this is exactly beside the river Titash, lot of people use to visit here with a boat as a part of their picnic. As per the local, this type of picnic party uses to visit frequently during the weekends. And still people from Dhaka know very little about this place. You can explore the river after visiting this old Zamindar Bari. But you may not find any boat for hiring around there. Most of those are the private boats. May be you can request them to use for a while. Just about few hundreds meter apart from the building you’ll find a cremation place which was built by the same owner.
 => Array
[name] => Muktagacha Zamindar House
[post_id] => 22170
[post_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/places/muktagacha-zamindar-house/
[thumb_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Muktagacha-Zamindar-House-14-300x169.jpg
Mymensingh city is one of the old cities in Bangladesh. Historically & archaeologically it is very important from tourism point of views. Once a traveler wants to travel in this district, he/she will find several places to visit. Muktagacha Zamindar House (মুক্তাগাছা জমিদার বাড়ী) is one of those.
This old palace is located at the heart of the Muktagacha(মুক্তাগাছা) Upazila, 16km west to the Sadar Upazila. Previously the name of Muktagacha was Binodbari (বিনোদবাড়ী). It is believed that the Zamindars actually came from the Natore (নাটোর) or Bogra (বগুড়া) of our North Bengal. When the first ruler named Srikrishna Acharya (শ্রীকৃষ্ণ আচার্য) arrived here, a local inhabitant named Muktaram Kormokar (মুক্তারাম কর্মকার) welcomed them with a large lamp stand that was made from brass. In that portion of our country, people call a lamp stand as Gachha (গাছা)). This gratitude pleased the Zamindar and they have renamed the area as Muktagacha (মুক্তা গাছা) using that inhabitant's name and the lamp stand's local name.
Srikrishna Acharya (শ্রীকৃষ্ণ আচার্য) established the Zamindari at Muktagacha formerly known as Binodbari. Later, his four sons Ram Ram, Hore Ram (হরে রাম), Bishnu (বিষ্ণু), Shibram (শিবরাম)and their inheritor conducted the Zamindari. The Owner of the Muktagacha Rajabari was Jogot Kishor Acarya (জগত কিশোর আচার্য), the son of Hore Ram Acharya (হরে রাম আচার্য). His ancestors started to build that Palace in the year 1750-60 which signifies that the structure is almost 300 yrs old.
However, this old house from Muktagacha covers a vast area, though most of the structures are in very poor condition. Few things were stolen by the locals, and others are just dilapidated for not taking any care. We observed two storied iron & steel made house (though floors are all gone, only structure is standing there).
Most of the rulers from this family were cruel and hostile to the peasants. They have lot of allegations against them including raping, torturing, etc. It was considered as a crime whenever a peasant from that area use to cross the Zamindar House using any shoe or umbrella. Guards use to beat them whenever someone committed such crime.
 => Array
[name] => Dewan Bari Zamindar Bari
[post_id] => 1887
[post_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/places/dewanbari-zamindar-bari/
[thumb_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Deowan-Bari-Jamindaar-Bari-300x200-300x200.jpg
The founder of Dewan Bari Jamindaar Bari was Fonivuson Mojumdar. Fonivuson Mojumdar's Father Name was Landlord Radharomon and mother's name as Kusum Kumari Devi who was the second wife of Radharomon. He was born in 1892. This landlord house is a small 2 stores Building. But the main gate of the house is look like as a Mughal Castle - gate. After banned the Real estate practices in 1952 the house was auctioned. Now there have a school and some business center.Located at Deowan Bari road in Rangpur.
 => Array
[name] => Chakma Rajbari
[post_id] => 756
[post_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/places/chakma-rajbari/
[thumb_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Chakma-Rajbari-Rajib-Bangladesh-1-300x169.jpg
Chakma Rajbari is one of the most beautiful Rajbari, which is located in Rangamati. This Rajbari was constructed by Raja Tridiv Roy, father of Raja Devasish Roy in 1960 when the earlier palace went under water due to commissioning of Kaptai dam. It has been learnt that Raja Devasish Roy is in Thailand. Every year number of visitors are come here to see this beautiful House. Chakma Rajbari is one of the major visiting attractions in Rangamati. This royal house represents the tradition and culture of Chakma (চাকমা).
 => Array
[name] => R N Saha House
[post_id] => 10279
[post_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/places/r-n-saha-house/
[thumb_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/414-300x169.jpg
R N Saha House is located at Nawabganj, which is now owned by a local businessman, under renovation. This house is situated just beside the river Isamati. The name of the house is named after a rich Merchant named Radha Nath Saha. It is believed that, this place will be turned into a tourist attractive spot very soon.
Sree Dulal Chandra Saha owned this palatial house, informed that the house was built in the middle of 1825 to 1850 at the time of Late Nagendra Chandra Saha (a Merchant).This house was built by Nabo Kumar Saha, father of Nagendra Kumar Saha. This family was a Merchant Family, Trading was their main business. They have established more business center in Kolkata, Madangonj, Barisal, Serpur and Murshidabad.
The merchants of this Palatial house once maintained family relation with many elite Zamindar familys of undivided India, i.e Baliaty, Nagarpur, Chadda rashi, Vaggo kul and Mr.R.P.Saha.