=> Array
[name] => Pal Bari
[post_id] => 8538
[post_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/places/pal-bari/
[thumb_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/PB-2-300x225.jpg
Pal Bari (পাল বাড়ি) is one of the renowned historical places in Munshiganj. According to the current inhabitants of the Pal House at Abdullahpur, Kamini Pal and Dwarkanath Pal, the eldest two sons of Tokani Prasad Pal, possibly one of the richest business persons of Bikrampur, established this house around the end of the 19th century.
They added a few more blocks to the house over the years, but lived within the compounds of their father's house, several miles away.
During the liberation war, many of their family members were brutally tortured and killed, prompting the entire clan to leave for Kolkata,India. A few years later Dwarkanath returned, to wind up his businesses here. Dwarkanath Pal, therefore chose to spend his last few years at this house. He decided to stay back in Munshiganj, but could not live in his own house. Many others had occupied most of that property.
 => Array
[name] => Tushbhandar Zamindar Bari or Landlord House
[post_id] => 4790
[post_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/places/tushbhandar-zamindar-bari-or-landlord-house/
[thumb_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Tushabhandar-jamindar-bari1-300x212.jpg
During the period of Maharaja Pran Narayan "Rsik Ray bigroho" happened in 1634 and in that time the origin of tushvandar Murari dev Ghosal Vottacharjo from 24 porgona/Kolkata's Jay nagar came in Koach bihar and in upuonchouki matter get a taluk anstarted to live here. During that time to do religious work land was given by upenchouki matter. Murari dev disagree to take the donation of the shudro king's beacuse he is a brammon. He appealed to take rent for the land. After that the queen agreed to take paddy bran as rent. Dew to give rent as paddy bran it was stored near landlord house in the east side and after it was sent to the Koachbihar kings house. With this bran many religious events happened in the king’s house. People says that, for the stored bran this place was named as tushvandar. By brammahan murari dev vottacharja the landlord of tushvandar was declared. And in 1935 with his death as long 400 years land owner was came into an end.
 => Array
[name] => Itakumari Landlord House
[post_id] => 1898
[post_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/places/itakumari-landlord-house/
[thumb_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Itakumari-Landlord-House-300x200-300x200.jpg
Itakumari Landlord house was established in 19th century. Shibchondro elder son of landlord Rajarai was the founder of Itakhula Landlord house. Now most of the building are ruined. Now a well two large pond and elderly building witness of time. Point to be noted that leaders of the public rebellion Devi singha and his assistant Harramsen one time on a time get the owner by forcing. Again Shibchanda and Devi Chowdhurani lead the public rebellion and free the people of Rangpur from Devi singha's torture.
 => Array
[name] => Alexander Castle
[post_id] => 21791
[post_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/places/alexander-castle/
[thumb_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/P_20151013_170743_1_p-300x169.jpg
Alexander Castle is one of the most amazing and renowned structure in Mymensingh District. It was built by Maharaja Suryo Kanta Acharya Chowdhury(মহারাজ সুর্যকান্ত আচার্য চৌধুরী) in 1879 in the memory of the 1st zilla magistrate of Mymensingh Mr. N .S Alexander at the time of Jubili festival. It covers an area of 27.155 acres.
It is a nice small archaic building having two Greek statue at both sides of the front gate. Though the arms of those statues are currently broken, but still those looks great. The whole building is placed over a high plinth, probably to avoid the flood from the nearness river.
It cost 45000 taka at that time. Alexander Castle is a two storied building made by metals and woods in a high concrete base. This building was used as a rest house for the guests of Maharaja Maharaja Soshi Kanta Acharya Chowdhury. Many great personalities of the world stayed at this castle when visiting Mymensingh city. Nobel Laureate poet Rabindranath Tagore arrived in Mymensingh around the midday of 15 February 1926. He stayed in the Alexander Castle as a guest for 4days. Mahatma Gandhi also stayed in this castle in 1926.
Lord carzon, Chittaranjan Das, Nawab Sir Salimullah, Kamal Pasha also visited Alexander Castle. This house was decorated by royal furnitures and items at that time. There is a big field in front of this house. You can see two fascinating silver statue which makes the place more beautiful. There is also a big garden and a pond still remains behind the castle. It is said that Maharaja used to keep big cats in his garden so he surrounded the garden with big still cages.At present this house is being used as library of teachers training college(male) in Mymensingh.