Array
(
[0] => Array
(
[name] => {:en}Madhnagar Rath Bari{:}{:bn}মাধনগর রথ বাড়ী{:}
[post_id] => 17704
[post_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/places/madhnagar-rath-bari/
[thumb_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Madhabnagar-Rath-Bari-225x300.jpg
[post_content] => {:en}
Madhnagar Rath Bari (মাধনগর রথবাড়ী) is the largest and oldest Rath Bari of this subcontinent. In 1867, the famous Zamindar Zamini Sundori Bosak of Dilalpur area in Pabna, established this Rath (Chariot in English). The owner of the Rath was the then Zamindar of Natore, Shoilobala (শৈলবালা) and Kalidashi (কালীদাসী). Once upon a time, each year according to the lunar, in the Bengali month of Ashar (আষাঢ়), people celebrated Chariot fare and rituals here. The Zamindars of Birakutsa (বীরকুৎসা) and Goyalkandi (গোয়ালকান্দি) used to send their elephants to take part and work in this Chariot. The landlord Zamini Sundori of Dilalpur in Pabna used to send all the expenses.
Since 1867 until 1947, she carried all the costs. After the partition, it had been dysfunctional. From the year 2012, the Chariot has been started again by the local community, and started rituals again. There are currently 15 acres of land in the name of the Chariot. Pintu Odhikari is responsible for maintaining the whole rituals and maintenances of Rath Bari. There is a Mandir just near to the Rath Bari where the locals perform their rituals.
{:}{:bn}
মাধনগর রথ বাড়ী উপমহাদেশের বৃহৎ ও প্রাচীনতম। ১৮৬৭ সালে পাবনার দিলালপুরের জমিদার যামিনী সুন্দরী বসাক এই রথটি প্রতিষ্ঠা করেছেন। রথের মালিকানায় ছিলেন নাটোরের জমিদার শৈলবালা ও কালিদাসী। প্রতি বছর আষাঢ় মাসের তিথি অনুসারে এখানে মাস ব্যাপী রথের মেলা ও পুঁজা অর্চনা হত। বীরকুৎসা ও গোয়ালকান্দির জমিদারের হাতি এসে রথ যাত্রায় অংশ নিত এবং রথ টানার কাজ করতো। এখানকার যাবতীয় খরচ পাবনার দিলালপুরের জমিদার যামিনী সুন্দরী স্টেট থেকে আসতো।
১৮৬৭ সাল থেকে ১৯৪৭ সাল পর্যন্ত যামিনী সুন্দরী বসাক এই ব্যায় ভার বহন করেছেন। দেশ বিভাগের পর আর কোন অনুষ্ঠান হয়নি। ২০১২ সাল থেকে স্থানীয় হিন্দু-মুসলিম মিলে আবারও রথের মেলা ও হিন্দু সম্প্রদায়ের পূঁজা অর্চনা শুরু হয়। রথের নামে বর্তমানে ১৫ বিঘা জমি আছে। রথটি রক্ষণাবেক্ষন, পূঁজা অর্চনা করছেন পিন্টু অধিকারী।
{:}
)
[1] => Array
(
[name] => Nava Ratna Temple
[post_id] => 17760
[post_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/places/nava-ratna-temple/
[thumb_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/nava-ratna-temple-7-232x300.jpg
[post_content] =>
The 300-year old Teota Zamindar Palace (তেওতা জমিদার বাড়ী) at the village Teota under Shibalaya Upazila in Manikganj District still stands with pride & dignity becoming a living testimony to the history of that time. Travelers and explorers can't resist the temptation of having a look at the captivating old palace when they pass through the area. There is a temple just adjacent to this old palace named 'Nava-Ratna Temple' (নব-রত্ন মন্দির). For the readers concern, it is to inform that there are very few 'Nava-Ratna' Temples in Bengal.
According to the stone inscription found in Nava-Ratna Temple inside of the Teota Palace, this palace was constructed during the years between 1702 to 1703. As per this account, the age of the building is more than 300 years. Hemshangkar Estate consists of the buildings located on the north side of the main buildings of Teota Zamindar Palace and establishments on the southern side of Zamindar Palace form Joyshangkar Estate. There is a hidden chamber called ‘black pit’ in the underground of the southern building. Four storied Nava-Ratna Temple stands in front of the south building. It is 75 feet high. There are four more temples near the south building. The Zaminder Palace in Teota is established on 7.38 acres of land. Some portions of the building have collapsed.
Features and Origins
The navaratna style of temple architecture (Sanskrit: नवरत्न, meaning "nine gems") incorporates two main levels, each with four spired corner pavilions, and a central pavilion above, for a total of nine spires. The style arose in Bengal during the eighteenth century as an elaboration of the pancharatna (পঞ্চ রত্ন) style that had five pavilions (four at the corners and one above).
)
[2] => Array
(
[name] => Shyamsiddhir Moth
[post_id] => 8507
[post_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/places/shyamsiddhir-moth/
[thumb_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/SDM-11-252x300.jpg
[post_content] =>
A huge number of moth (মঠ) has been found all over the places in Munshiganj District. Shyamsiddhir Moth is one of the old moth, which is located in Shyamsiddhi village, to the west of Sreenagar Bazar under Sreenagar upazila in Munshiganj district. A Bangla inscription fixed over the doorway in the south side implies that it was constructed by one Shambhunath Majumder in 1243 BS/ Shakabda 1758 (1836 AD). The math is named after by its location.
The building is square in plan, measuring 6m externally, and the walls are 1m thick. This brick built math stands on a 1.20m high platform, and is about 20m high. The moth is divided into three stages. The lower square part is the main shrine. On its south side there is an entrance with pointed arch, flanked by a rectangular panel on its either side; while each of the other three sides contains three rectangular panels in plaster, of which the central one is bigger than the flanking ones. Over the lintel level, all four sides are relieved with two semi-circular arches - one above the other - set within a rectangular frame under a large semi-circular arch. A sun emblem in plaster is depicted in the small arches.
The entire surface of the walls were originally plastered, but now have fallen at places. The shrine is covered by a dome, over which the base of the tapering shikhara (spire) is transformed into an octagonal shape at its second stage. Internally, the dome is supported on half-domed squinches and multi-cusped corner arches, while the side walls are relived with ornamented arched panels. Above these arched panels and corner arches medallions are depicted. The interior of the dome is ornamented with two bands of floral motives at the base.
At the octagonal second stage there are eight pilasters on the eight corners. The large rectangular area in each side is decorated with large window panels with closed shutters. Above the window panel runs panels containing a group of serpent hoods and floral leaf pattern alternately around the eight sides. Above each of the eight sides there is a curved chala decoration, from which the uppermost stage of the math rises in a tapering mass. The shikhara was once crowned with kalasa finial, but is now missing, although the iron trishul (trident) is still standing.
It is a typical single shikhara type of math with a series of repeated curved vertical mouldings, similar to the sonarang twin temples.
)
[3] => Array
(
[name] => Tin Shiva Mandir
[post_id] => 22235
[post_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/places/tin-shiva-mandir/
[thumb_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/P_20151014_133434_1_p-270x300.jpg
[post_content] =>
The Muktagachha Tin Shiva (তিন শিব) temple/mandir (মন্দির) is a twin temple located outside the Rajbari of Muktagachha in Mymensingh. The temple was constructed in 1820 by Rani Bimola Devi (রানী বিমলা দেবী), the mother of Maharaja Shashikantha Acharya Choudhary (শশীকান্ত আচার্য চৌধুরী), the Zamindar of Muktagacha.
The twin temples consist of the Shree Shree Anandamoyi ( শ্রী শ্রী আনন্দময়ী) Shiva and Kali Mata Mandir (কালী মাতা মন্দির). The Hindu Rabidas (রবিদাস) community perform a two-day-long Kattyani (কাত্ত্যানি) Puja, locally known as the 'Shat' (সাত) Puja, in the Bengali month of Kartik (কার্তিক). The temple is in dilapidated condition due to lack of repairs.
)
)