We came to know that Dhaka has passed it’s 400 years of Glory. As it was one of the capital of Mughal Empire established in the bank of the river Buriganga, most of its old architectural sites are placed in the old town. Apart from these, there is an Eidgah established in Dhanmondi area 400 years ago which is still in use in the center point of Dhanmondi.
Many people do not aware about it. It is located near Dhanmondi KFC and the shopping mall Anam Rangs Plaza. According to Wikipedia, it was built by Shah Suja, son of Emperor Shah Jahan in 1640. Now the place is in danger because of the negligence of the government to preserve the place as a Historical Monument.
Take local transport for Dhanmondi from any part of Dhaka city to reach that place.
Most popular transport system in Dhaka city is Rickshaw. You can find available buses (Local or direct service) in coming inside or move outside Dhaka city. There are other transport systems like Trains, Rivers and Air.
There are more than 71 quality hotel in Dhaka. Some are listed below…
1. Pan Pacific Sonargaon Hotel, Dhaka
107 , Kazi Nazrul Islam Avenue
Tel: +880 2 811 1005
Website : Pan Pacific Sonargaon Hotel, Dhaka
2. Ruposhi Bangla Hotel
1 Minto Road, Shahbagh, Dhaka,
Phone : 88-02-8330001
Fax : 88-02-8312975
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : Ruposhi Bangla Hotel
3. Radisson Water Garden Hotel, Dhaka
Airport Road, Dhaka Cantonment,
Dhaka 1206 Bangladesh.
Telephone: + 88 02 8754555
Fax: + 88 02 8754554 , + 88 02 8754504
Email : reservations.dhaka[at]radisson.com
Website : Radisson Water Garden Hotel
4. Dhaka Regency Hotel & Resort
Airport Road, Nikunja 2
Dhaka 1229, Bangladesh.
Phone : +88-02-8913912, +880 2 8900250-9
Fax : +88-02-8911479
Email : email@example.com
Website : www.dhakaregency.com
5. Best Western La Vinci Hotel, Dhaka
54, Kawran Bazar,
Phone No : 880-2-9119352
Fax No : 880-2-9131218
E-mail : lavinci[at]bol-online.com ,
Web : www.lavincihotel.com
6. The Westin Hotel
Main Gulshan Avenue,
Plot-01, Road 45, Gulshan-2
Phone : 88-02-9891988
7. Royal Park Residence Hotel
House no. 85, Road no. 25A
Block – A, Banani,
Dhaka 1213 Bangladesh.
Telephone: + 88 02 8815945/46
Fax: + 88 02 8815299
Email : hotelinfo[at]royalparkbd.com
Website : Royal Park Residence Hotel
8. Bengal Inn
House # 07, Road # 16,
Gulshan – 01
Dhaka 1212 Bangladesh.
Tel: +880 2 98880236, 9880610
Fax: +880 2 9880274
Email : info[at]bengalinn.com
Website : www.bengalinn.com
9. Hotel Sarina Dhaka
Plot #27, Road #17
Dhaka 1213 Bangladesh.
Tel: +880 2 8859604 -10, 8851040 -2, 8851011-4
Fax: +880 2 988-9989
Email : sales[at]sarinahotel.com, reservations[at]sarinahotel.com
Website : www.sarinahotel.com
Learn our history properly and share with others. You could take some photos too.
Dhanmondi is a place of both Quality Restaurants and Street food, don’t worry at all!
Referred to where to eat in Dhaka city, click here
You need always to be careful all the time from pick-pockets.
Mazar of Lagor Pir (Ra) is located 3km away from Akkelpur Upazila of Joypurhat district. In a place called Sonamukhi close to Tulsiganga River, the mazar of Hazrat Abdullah Makki (Ra) is situated. Recently a Madrasha has been established there.)  => Array ( [name] => Buddhist Monastery at Moheshkhali [post_id] => 7128 [post_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/places/buddhist-monastery-at-moheshkhali/ [thumb_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Buddhist-Monastery-at-Moheshkhali-Island1-300x240.jpg [post_content] =>
Apart from the Natural beauties from the island, the "Buddhist Monastery"(Buddha Bihar) is another tourist spot/attraction in Moheshkhali Island. This monastery is near to the dockyard of the island. The exact location of the monastery is at "Boro Rakhaine Para" at "Gorokghata".
Everyday lots of people used to come at this island to visit the monastery. There are several buildings inside the monastery premises. Also inside the boundary, I have found two pagodas are made from brass (or from bronze). Both of them are similar in structure. Also there are several statue of the Buddha too. One is very large brass statue. The Buddhist people (most from Rakhaine Tribe) used to come at here for their regular prayer.
[We need more detail information of this spot. If you have more information and photos, please be advised to add and share in our website. Your name will be published as a Content Contributor])  => Array ( [name] => Kharampur Mazar Sharif [post_id] => 1065 [post_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/places/kharampur-mazar-sharif/ [thumb_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Kharampur-Mazar-sharif-300x225.jpg [post_content] =>
Kharampur Mazar Sharif is built on the burial ground of Hazrat Syed Ahmad Gachodaraz (R). Hundreds of devotees visit the Mazar Sharif every day. The structure stands on 260 acres of land. Syed Hazrat Ahmad(R) was stayed in Brahmanbaria, Akhaura, Durgapur, nearby Gonga Sagar river. In 1303, the saint, Hazrat Shah Jalal(R), came to Sylhet from Delhi with a band of 360 disciples to preach Islam. In this 360 disciples, Hazrat Syed Ahmad Gachodaraz (R) (also called Kalla) was one of the favorite persons of Hazrat Shah Jalal. Hazrat Syed Ahmad Gachodaraz was stayed in Kharampur in Akhaura. He devoted himself to propagating Islam. Under his guidance of Hindus and Buddhists converted to Islam. He was buried in Kharampur in Durgapur after his death.
[This spot needs more detail. If you have more information and photos, please be advised to add and share in our website. Your name will be published as a Content Contributor])  => Array ( [name] => Saint Thomas Church [post_id] => 7372 [post_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/places/saint-thomas-church/ [thumb_link] => http://offroadbangladesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Saint-Thomas-Church1-240x300.jpg [post_content] =>
Saint Thomas Church is an Anglican Church which is also known as The Church of Bangladesh. The church premise was in an area of lush greeneries with the famous Bahadur Shah Park at a stone’s throw distance on the south. The north-south axial Nawabpur Road/Johnson Road, the most important commercial street connecting the old part of the city with the new, is on the west and separated the area from the court, Bank, DC's office and Jagannath University buildings across it. In fact the church overlooking the greens is a major focal of the city Centre in the nineteenth century.
This church was built in 1819, and inaugurated by Bishop Reginald Heber of Kolkata (Calcutta) on the 10th of July in 1824 while he was on a visit to Dhaka. The church is serving as a cathedral church since 1951. It is said that the convicts from Dhaka Jail gave their labor to build this church as well the church of Bangladesh continues the history of the movement of Protestants into India early in the 19th century. The Protestant community in what is now Bangladesh has been dominated by the Baptists, but the Church of England and the Presbyterians were also active. In 1947 Bangladesh became the eastern province of bifurcated nation of Pakistan, but in 1972 it officially separated as an independent nation.
In 1970, the Presbyterians and Anglicans in Bangladesh united (as part of the general union of Christian in Pakistan) to form the Diocese of Dhaka of the Church of Pakistan. The creation of Bangladesh involved a civil war and the development of harsh relation between two countries. Although officially continuing as a Diocese of the Church of Pakistan for some years, the church in Bangladesh began almost immediately to function as an autonomous organization which gradually emerged as the independent Church of Bangladesh (St Thomas Church). The church is led by most reverend Paul S. Sarkar who in January 2003 became the third bishop of the church of Bangladesh. The 71 parishes are divided into 2 dioceses. The church has approximately 15,600 members (2005). It has been a member of the World Council of Churches since 1975 and functions as part of the larger worldwide Anglican Communion.The photo was taken by Mr. Fritz Kapp in 1904.
The attraction of this building, built after the style of east churches, with a square clock tower with arch windows on its walls. A small porch leads to the entrance of the church supported on four columns which are of perpendicular gothic design on top of the entrance. Small square parapets are used on the roof. There are two columns at the back of the rectangular nave which leads to a pulpit through an arch. The pulpit is rectangular and has a brass cross on the wall at the back. The altar is constructed of wood and also has a brass cross on top of it. The location of the altar is at the east end. There are elegant curved chairs for congregation. A stone font on the back of the nave. The walls of the church are adorned with stone tablets commemorating some of the members of the church. The roofs of the verandas are set upon sloppy korhikath.The rectangular hall room is very much tidy and two piers with grooves are easily visible surpassing other things and these piers do not carry any weight. The roof used wooden battens on iron joists; the floor have tiles. The delicate stone and brick works of this white plastered building are still as immaculate as it has been for nearly two centuries. Even most of the thick teak furniture, altar, and ablution bowl (for baptizing) in marble are still unblemished and in good working condition. However, the open colonnades around two sides of the nave (central axial hall) were walled up later. In 2005 the church authority has undertaken a massive renovation of the building. Though the church is small in size, it is one of the most attractive ones in Bangladesh. The rectangular flat-roof steeple rises above the roof in two stages. ) )
Questions, issues or concerns? I'd love to help you!